HBO's Silicon Valley

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first was hilarious.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Haven't seen the second episode yet, but the first was hilarious.

I enjoyed the first episode and added it to my DVR.

this and this. Will probably watch Episode 2 tonight. Enjoyed the first episode a lot. T.J. Miller is the ticket for me. I think people either like him or hate him. I think he's hilarious. His line delivery is just so unique. He's just a funny guy.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Saw the pilot but didn't catch the second episode last night. I like it; some of the jargon goes right over my head but Mike Judge has dumbed it down enough so that the show will appeal to a broad audience and not just tech geeks.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I might check this show out just to laugh at my own experience. I had the unfortunate honor of working with some Silicon Valley folks about a year and a half ago. That place is a land of delusion. Most of their business models are complete junk and their entire hope is getting bought out by a major company because they will eventually run out of VC money. I am always amazed at the amount of money that gets thrown around for companies with no assets except for users and algorithms.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
this and this. Will probably watch Episode 2 tonight. Enjoyed the first episode a lot. T.J. Miller is the ticket for me. I think people either like him or hate him. I think he's hilarious. His line delivery is just so unique. He's just a funny guy.

His timing is unique for sure.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm a type that one little thing in a pilot episode can get me interested immediately if it makes me belly laugh. In the pilot of Silicon Valley it was when they pitch Peter Gregory at that party and he drives away in that teeny tiny narrow car. Having lived in Silicon Valley, I know these types of people and it's spot on and that car appearance just made me laugh hard.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
His timing is unique for sure.

He's on a cartoon on Disney, of all places, that's really good. "Gravity Falls." It also has Kristen Schaal, Linda Cardellini, and John Ritter's son.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
I think it's been really good so far. It has a lot of potential and i hope they keep it going. I'm still mad that HBO canceled Family Tree :mad:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Sorry for going slightly OT about TJ Miller. I recognize the main character on Silicon Valley from somewhere, I need to IMDB where. So far we've been really enjoying it, will probably watch the second episode tonight.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Saw the first two episodes. Don't love yet, but can see some potential. Not as good as VEEP, but I didn't love that show until almost the end of the first season.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Loved both episodes. The best part was the doctor visit about the guy deciding to take the money or keep the company. I totally lost it there.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I liked the Mass Effect 3 joke in the 2nd episode. Wasn't expecting to hear one of those

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron