UConn - Mich St.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Correct. On Friday nearly all of the UConn players were hitting their shots. Today, only Napier really. Daniels was nowhere to be found today.

If UConn had played like this against us, I think we win.

they were something like 38% from the field and 20-something from 3 today. MSU fan last night said "you can't always rely on Kane." He was pretty confident (as was I) that they would blast right through UConn.

Thinking I should say it must be nice to play UConn when they're hitting under 50%.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Correct. On Friday nearly all of the UConn players were hitting their shots. Today, only Napier really. Daniels was nowhere to be found today.

If UConn had played like this against us, I think we win.
Napier was only 6-14 today but the guy was clutch. And he didn't miss any of his 9 free throws.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
As much as I absolutely hate Calipari and Kentucky, I do hope they take Michigan out behind the woodshed.

I'm torn on this next one. Calipari is the epitome of scum and I don't want him to see him win but I don't want to listen to all the Big Ten chest thumping if they get another team to Arlington

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Why can't they place a regional in KC? Two years from now would be idea since I think that might be Fred's best team since he's been here.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Nice to play two home games - can't underestimate the value of sleeping, eating and everything else at home while your opponents are playing a true road game.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I thought they crowned Uconn champions after they beat us. Doesn't every team that beats ISU in the tournament go on to win the whole thing?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'm torn on this next one. Calipari is the epitome of scum and I don't want him to see him win but I don't want to listen to all the Big Ten chest thumping if they get another team to Arlington

Ugh, been dealing with this all day. Well, part of the morning and until UCONN won. All I heard was, "Big 10 gonna have 3 of the final four! That's amazing, how do you argue with that? Best conference in the country! No one can compete with the Big 10!" Iowa fan of course and my neighbor. Generally a really good guy, but I think still feeling butthurt about the way the Hawkeyes finished. Hell, he's good enough of a friend I was hoping, for his sake, the Hawks would beat T.

I really don't care, it actually would be crazy impressive if 3 of them had made it, hell 2 is impressive. I just don't get the chest pumping because teams that were better than you are moving on. It doesn't mean **** unless your teams is one of them moving on.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
This just tells me we could have been to the final 4 with Georgez. Depressing.
After watching this MSU-UConn game and other EE games, I am not going dwell on thinking about missing out on a good chance to make the FF. No, it is worse than that. With Georges we had a fair chance to win the national title.

Heck, we were playing a good game away without him (and credit to UConn for shooting abnormally well). Missed FTs and bunnies, ugh.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
When the brackets first came out, a lot of people thought UCONN would not even survive their first round game. Hats off to them for winning games and taking advantage of the situation.

This, lots of people had st. Joes winning, and game went to overtime.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ugh, been dealing with this all day. Well, part of the morning and until UCONN won. All I heard was, "Big 10 gonna have 3 of the final four! That's amazing, how do you argue with that? Best conference in the country! No one can compete with the Big 10!" Iowa fan of course and my neighbor. Generally a really good guy, but I think still feeling butthurt about the way the Hawkeyes finished. Hell, he's good enough of a friend I was hoping, for his sake, the Hawks would beat T.

I really don't care, it actually would be crazy impressive if 3 of them had made it, hell 2 is impressive. I just don't get the chest pumping because teams that were better than you are moving on. It doesn't mean **** unless your teams is one of them moving on.

Hawk fans are like a nerd college student that brags about how cool and awesome his roommates girlfriend is and somehow thinking that that makes them cool to.
:smile:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I don't lean either way. Only reason we lost is we were without one of our best players.

Yeah, another one of those, "Oh what could have been moments as an ISU fan."

I often wonder, being a religious man, how long this curse will last. When my time comes and I get to the pearly gates, will I be shown this great room, with all of my friends and family there, with no limits to my hearts desire, only to have God walk in, break my foot, make me kick a field goal wide right, hand me a natty light and send me right to hell?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
A positive about this game --- is that MSU had to play against a team that had an amazing home court advantage. Hmm, sound familiar MSU?? ISU's loss against UConn this year was helped out because of the absence of Niang and the Husky's familiarity with MSG & then they proved it on the court. Against MSU in 2000, we were battling 3 opponents: Sparty, their overwhelming fan base AND the refs (heavily influenced by Izzo and the home court). I was pulling for UConn all the way in this one.