***Offical who is going to NYC thread***

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
You know UCONN is going to bring droves to The Garden. I hope as many of us Midwest Cyclones make it as possible, but every single Iowa State Alum in the NE area better go. I for one already booked my flight from Minneapolis tonight. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express across the street from The Garden.

Go State!

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
0FY3EOD.gif
0FY3EOD.gif
0FY3EOD.gif
0FY3EOD.gif
0FY3EOD.gif
0FY3EOD.gif

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
You know UCONN is going to bring droves to The Garden. I hope as many of us Midwest Cyclones make it as possible, but every single Iowa State Alum in the NE area better go. I for one already booked my flight from Minneapolis tonight. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express across the street from The Garden.Go State!
I'm in

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Trying to find another student to go... it is proving difficult. We're pretty much guaranteed to get tickets through the University too. There ain't no way there is 200 students who can make it.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I'm heading down. I went to the NIT semi-final game against Rutgers (2004?) which was a semi-home game for the Scarlet Knights like this one will be against UCONN. Gonna need to get as many Iowa State fans there as possible to try to even it out even a little.

I wish there was a better fan base in the Northeast, more specifically New England. It's a barren wasteland around MA (though I'm told the Tilton school has a soft spot for the Cyclones, but that's NH). So painful for folks to see my Iowa State T-shirts and ask if they're the... h******s

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Monte was talking about how Flint is only about 5 hours away and his mom will be going. I bet a lot more of his family/friends will be there as well. Same as Hogue. And I don't know how far Niang's family in Massachussetts would be, but I'm curious to see if any of them would show up with him not playing.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I know there are ISU bars in NYC. A friend has watched the games at one with an ISU flag flying out front. We have to have a few thousand Alum in NYC alone right?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Monte was talking about how Flint is only about 5 hours away and his mom will be going. I bet a lot more of his family/friends will be there as well. Same as Hogue. And I don't know how far Niang's family in Massachussetts would be, but I'm curious to see if any of them would show up with him not playing.

No chance Flint is 5 hours. Akron/Cleveland is like 6-7 hours away, Detroit is 2.5 hours from Cleveland, and Flint is another hour from Detroit

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Trying to find another student to go... it is proving difficult. We're pretty much guaranteed to get tickets through the University too. There ain't no way there is 200 students who can make it.

Surely, you can find someone.

P.S. Are you bringing the cape and Speedo?