Big 4 Classic

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I just ordered off the Wells website direct. Tickets must have just been returned from schools. I just got tickets in section 116, which is center court and the club section, 11 rows from the court!!!!
I know some are not in favor of the tourney, BUT great tickets are available. Hope to be sitting next to fellow Cyclone fans!

Last edited:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I just ordered off the Wells website direct. Tickets must have just been returned from schools. I just got tickets in section 116, which is center court and the club section, 11 rows from the court!!!!
I know some are not in favor of the tourney, BUT great tickets are available. Hope to be sitting next to fellow Cyclone fans!

Price?

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I think those would be $75/Ticket

70 per ticket, then fees
Again, I get that people don't like the idea of the games at Wells Fargo, I am just pointing out that really good seats are available. If you like college basketball, a good opportunity to see 2 games.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

It's not a tournament. In a tournament, the winners from the first round would play in the second. That's why this is stupid.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Wow, my mistake.
Just trying to point out that good seats are available. This is the exactly what is wrong with this board. Lighten up.
In reference to the tournament comment.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
Not to be cheap, but the pricing awful. Refuse to go for that reason alone. Thankfully I have my season tickets.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
They sent an email out 2 weeks ago or so to students, asking them to submit their name and they would be entered into a drawing for one of the few student tickets for this game. Wonder when they will let us know who they picked. I'd like to go but if $75 is the going rate then I'll end up watching on TV.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Can you just buy a single game ticket? I have no desire to watch Iowa and don't want to waste my money on that ticket if I don't have to.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Can you just buy a single game ticket? I have no desire to watch Iowa and don't want to waste my money on that ticket if I don't have to.

No, the ticket is for both games. The good news for you is that ISU is the early game, so you could leave after that. At the same time, I know that makes for one very expensive ticket to watch ISU play UNI.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
No, the ticket is for both games. The good news for you is that ISU is the early game, so you could leave after that. At the same time, I know that makes for one very expensive ticket to watch ISU play UNI.

Yeah since that is the case I will probably pass.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Bumping this to get some Cyclone fans to order!!!!

Good gosh do you work for the ticket office down there? I'm only half joking. This is a horribly overpriced event that took a fun in-state game out of the hands of our schools and then they try to shove this down everyone's throat like it's going to be the event of the year. I mean most of the seats in the TOP of the arena are $50 and that's about twice the distance to the court as the top row in Hilton.

I hope this falls flat on its face and there are empty seats everywhere.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Good gosh do you work for the ticket office down there? I'm only half joking. This is a horribly overpriced event that took a fun in-state game out of the hands of our schools and then they try to shove this down everyone's throat like it's going to be the event of the year. I mean most of the seats in the TOP of the arena are $50 and that's about twice the distance to the court as the top row in Hilton.

U-Hope it falls flat on its face? With those ticket prices, I would assume it would, er be sparsely attended.

I did notice last year the Clear Lack of Panther fans willing to pony up the big bucks for the event, I see no reason for that to change this year.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006

No, I do not work for the ticket office. Only posted this because I thought that some fans might want a chance to order really good tickets for the event. Nothing more, nothing less.
I am not debating whether the event should, or should not be held. I am not debating the cost of the tickets. I am not debating whether beer should be held at the event. I am not doing any of those things. I was only passing on the information so we could potentially have more Cyclones in the seats.
Rough crowd today.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like this event because if nothing else it puts an end to the nonsense ISU and Iowa have had to deal with @UNI. Fran could see it quite clearly coming in from an outside perspective how dumb it was to travel there and have 20 more fouls called on his guys, thus it ended. The best favor Iowa has done ISU in quite some time.

I'd prefer some sort of deal where we play UNI and Drake every year at WF, but I guess that makes it some sort of event that keeps us out of scheduling other tournaments? This will do. This or just home games against either of them however often they want to play.

Help Support Us

Become a patron