Big 4 Classic

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If I have Directv is there any way I will be able to get this on TV or am I pretty much screwed without Mediacom?

I'm wondering if there's anyway because of the mediacom connection we could have this game streaming on cyclones.tv? I figure either that happening somehow or the cyclones.tv audio stream is the only chance for those not in a mediacom area.

At the worst I would hope we can get the replay feed up on cyclones.tv very quickly since it's mediacom and we have the tight relationship.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'd like to go if they games were not so obviously one sided. We will beat UNI and Iowa will crush Drake.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I'd prefer some sort of deal where we play UNI and Drake every year at WF

We should play the 2nd school at Hilton in the season we play one at the Well.

So this year we have UNI in the Big Four Classic; we should schedule Drake in non-con play at home. Then vice versa for next season.

Nihawk

Nov 3, 2009
I just bought 5 tickets and the cost was $401. Tickets were $70 and surcharges made up the rest.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
This event is only easing the transition to not playing UNI and Drake at all unless they come to our arenas.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I like this event because if nothing else it puts an end to the nonsense ISU and Iowa have had to deal with @UNI. Fran could see it quite clearly coming in from an outside perspective how dumb it was to travel there and have 20 more fouls called on his guys, thus it ended. The best favor Iowa has done ISU in quite some time.

I'd prefer some sort of deal where we play UNI and Drake every year at WF, but I guess that makes it some sort of event that keeps us out of scheduling other tournaments? This will do. This or just home games against either of them however often they want to play.

Ha! When Fran gets canned the Big 4 Classic will go away and they'll play 2 and 1 like it should be.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I love me some ISU basketball, but the idea of spending money on a ticket for Iowa/Drake - a game in which I wouldn't walk across the street to attend out of a complete lack of giving a damn - seems like such a waste.

Hopefully this experiment can come to an end sometime soon and Drake/UNI can have the option of either coming to Hilton or promptly ******* themselves.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I liked the home and home. Hope it comes back.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
In addition to the absurd price, they scheduled this at the same time as all the college football conference championship games.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Doesn't HYVEE make enough revenue off of the Department of Agriculture's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program that they don't need these type of marketing campaigns? Leave my college basketball alone.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
We should play the 2nd school at Hilton in the season we play one at the Well.

So this year we have UNI in the Big Four Classic; we should schedule Drake in non-con play at home. Then vice versa for next season.

I totally agree. I wish we played drake this year, kind of a tradition

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
1. not a tourney
2. let winners play an evening game.
3. add creighton and UNO and make it a real tourney.
4. if not, sell single game tickets.
5. if not, isu v Iowa winner plays Drake v uni winner and losers play later in season.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
They need to find a way to separate the tickets and sell them individually for each game. Hell, they could probably make more money. Instead of $75 for both games, they could probably charge about $40/ticket for each game, AND charge their BS convenience fees on both tickets instead of just once. Not only that, but then you'd have new fans coming in for the second game, eager to spend money on overpriced concessions and beer after the fans who already bought those concessions during the first game are gone.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
1. not a tourney
2. let winners play an evening game.
3. add creighton and UNO and make it a real tourney.
4. if not, sell single game tickets.
5. if not, isu v Iowa winner plays Drake v uni winner and losers play later in season.

They would never agree to playing a conference game in December, or on a neutral floor.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I'm much more interested in this game this year as it occurs prior to our game with Iowa. Adds a little intrigue being able to see them in person before we play them.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
There are no more left in sec 116. If anyone wants to sell either 2 or 4 please message me!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron