Fan since 1963

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
I have seen this so many times in the last 50 years. The excuses are injuries and we are soooo young. We hear, 'wait until next year' and,.... 'good fans should hold steady and stay the course' For me. it's just too many times and I refuse to fall for it again. It is clear that this is the beginning of the end for this staff. One (maybe 2) more wins this year and, with luck, four wins next year with few in the stands for the last 3 home games. Hope will be lost so we will need a new coach. With the new guy and staff, Hopes get raised, fail, cycle and repeat. After all, -- We are Iowa State! Ugg, evermore nevermore.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I have seen this so many times in the last 50 years. The excuses are injuries and we are soooo young. We hear, 'wait until next year' and,.... 'good fans should hold steady and stay the course' For me. it's just too many times and I refuse to fall for it again. It is clear that this is the beginning of the end for this staff. One (maybe 2) more wins this year and, with luck, four wins next year with few in the stands for the last 3 home games. Hope will be lost so we will need a new coach. With the new guy and staff, Hopes get raised, fail, cycle and repeat. After all, -- We are Iowa State! Ugg, evermore nevermore.

View attachment 22775

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
eeyore-rain-cloud.jpg

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
You say downer, I say realist and I have the facts on my side,.....damn it.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

You've invested 50 years and this year is enough to push you over the edge?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Also it builds testicular strength.

Truer words have never been spoken.

And to the OP, if you've been hanging around for that long I'm not too worried about you. You're obviously a tough SoB. If you've stuck it out this long, you'll be back. We'll be waiting for you and will welcome you when you walk through those doors again. Take as much time as you need.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
Until you get old and worn out. It happens to us all. Too much emotional capital from this old fart.

Last edited:

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
Now that i'm good and depressed in can go to bed. Good grief i get what you are saying but come on. Paul Rhoads has earned a really bad year or two. I'm willing to give him the time to see if something good can come of it. If he doesn't get some time the cycle described above will definitely happen.

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
:cry::cry: See ya Gwad. Have fun being an Alabama football fan and Kentucky bball fan since you can't handle being an ISU fan anymore.

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
If you survived 1983-1997, I have confidence you will survive this "low point" in Cyclone football history...

MarkCorrigan

Sep 16, 2013
Mess and Co need to go, but one down year in five is no reason to lose your mind.

Not to pile on with the negativity, but one could easily argue that each of the last five years has been a down year, especially considering where most people want this program to be. At some point, I would like to see us finish above .500, win more than 3 league games and rise above 8th place, and not get humiliated in a bowl game against an opponent from a lesser conference.

I want to see this program get to a point where seasons like 2009 are considered "down" years.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Not to pile on with the negativity, but one could easily argue that each of the last five years has been a down year, especially considering where most people want this program to be. At some point, I would like to see us finish above .500, win more than 3 league games and rise above 8th place, and not get humiliated in a bowl game against an opponent from a lesser conference.

We could add two more teams resulting in a softer schedule....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron