today's officials

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
They did not cost us the game but the PI call when we tripped over their wr and the no flag on the targeting hit on Sam Richardson was unreal.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
come on can't put this on the officials , are terrible and bad coaching shows

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think officials destroyed a lot of momentum in this game but if we finished playing the game the same way, ISU would have still lost. But one has to wonder if Sam could have made more plays in the 2nd half. Game probably would have been closer but still out of reach.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
While the game was in contention in the first half, they basically handed OSU a touchdown on one drive with Tribune getting flagged. That was ticky tacky. They certainly didn't help us stay in the game early.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We just played like a totally screwed up game. We looked like Kansas from last year.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
They certainly bailed OSU out on two horrid pass interference calls on third downs that ultimately resulted in TDs for OSU. This on the heels of a terrible no-call on our first series where West got mugged and then the putrid, ridiculous call on Tribune which was obvious incidental contact and the OSU WR fell down. The late hit on Sam was just icing on the cake. The early stuff allowed OSU to jump out to a huge lead and forced us to play from a big hole all game. This officiating this year against us has been inexcusable. It didn't change the outcome, but it definitely hurt us to be down so much, so early.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Enough bad play happened anyway and team managed to bounce back for a while after those bad calls so it's water under the bridge. However -- just because a receiver falls down doesn't mean there was interference.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The loss was 100% on us, and I don't think it would've been a game whether those calls were made or not.

That being said, the officials were not calling it both ways today. These guys were up there with the Texas officials this year.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, that no call on SR was insane.
I'm not so sure. Watch it a full speed, the defender would have had to make quite an athletic play to avoid contact. Could have been called, but not an outrageous no-call in my mind.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The hit on SR was unfortunate because Sam got bent in an awkward way, but there wasn't much the defender could have done. It might get called sometimes but I wouldn't expect it.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
I'm not so sure. Watch it a full speed, the defender would have had to make quite an athletic play to avoid contact. Could have been called, but not an outrageous no-call in my mind.

I don't know how he could've avoided it, honestly.

It wasn't dirty at all and shouldn't have been called a penalty.

clone51

Oct 4, 2009
Western Iowa
Like the Texas game, the refs hurt us badly. Only difference was that today they put it to us early in the game as opposed to late in the game.

Our last scoring drive showed the future is bright!

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
What about the spot on the Okie State fumbled punt return. Probably the worst call in history that no on saw unless they were sitting right there.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Yeah, that no call on SR was insane.

This is a big one, we are constantly told about how it's protecting the athletes, especially the QB. You've got to make that call. Anything else, I don't really care about any more. We don't deserve good calls. but the SR one was a safety issue.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Hit on SR was fine. Impossible to avoid.

PIs were BS compared to the no calls on OSU defenders...especially the one on the first series against West.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
This is a big one, we are constantly told about how it's protecting the athletes, especially the QB. You've got to make that call. Anything else, I don't really care about any more. We don't deserve good calls. but the SR one was a safety issue.

The laws of physics aren't suspended when a QB begins a slide.

There was nothing the defender could do. Nothing.

You can't make that call.