Royce in ccl on Wednesday

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA
@DerekJ3031: BREAKING: Royce White's trade won't be official yet and @Highway_30 will be playing #YCapCity Weds night! 5:30 Valley Southwoods WDes Moines

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
God dammit, I was just in Ames this weekend should have waited.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Of course, Wednesday night is a night I have to miss. Darn it.

Hope he gets a good reception. Royce has been a mess in the NBA, but he was great the two years he was in Ames. I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Hmm, might have to go. Will he be on a team with any current ISU players?
Team YMCA with Hogue and Bluford. They will be playing against Bubu and Gibson. It would have been interesting if YMCA played a team with some Cyclone newcomers to see them play against White.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He can make it to this but he can't make it to D-league games?

Who the hell knows? But I am not sure why Iowa State fans are so angry about this....unless you are a Rockets fan, you shouldn't really care too much.

I don't think it has made Hoiberg look too bad, it's just showed that he can handle tough players.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Love Royce's time at Iowa State, just shake my head at his time post Iowa State. But I separate the two and will love him forever.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Love Royce's time at Iowa State, just shake my head at his time post Iowa State. But I separate the two and will love him forever.

Yeah, the only thing that bothers me is that I was SO SURE he would be this great success story in the NBA, but for whatever reason he hasn't been. That doesn't change, though, what he did when he was here.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Hope he gets a good welcome from the crowd. Obviously there is alot of disappointed Cyclone fans in him right now.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hope he gets a good welcome from the crowd. Obviously there is alot of disappointed Cyclone fans in him right now.

I expect that he will get a good reaction from the crowd that is there. These are the true ISU fans who bleed cardinal and gold. We might be disappointed with some of what we have seen from him recently, but we still appreciate him as someone who rallied our fanbase and helped bring back Hilton Magic. I look at this as part of him trying to get a new start and use some time in Central Iowa because it was so good for him. Hope this is just the first of some really good things that we will see from him in the future (on the court and beyond).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron