***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
SEC already has Vandy. Maybe they should take Duke too.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
SEC would be all over teams in NC to come with Virginia Tech IMHO. I wonder if UNC is in the middle of a bidding war between SEC and Big Ten?

Round that map out:
Mizzou-to-SEC-map.jpg

Can't spell' "secede" without "SEC." That would be like a Super Secession!

Fanof14

Apr 20, 2010
So, if UNC and Maryland leave the ACC, the ACC likely falls apart.

First off, I doubt that the SEC is going to just let UNC go to the Big Ten. If they open up the expansion book again, they also take VTech.

If the ACC falls apart, FSU and Clemson are probably Big XII bound. Maybe others as well.

After all the dust settles and Notre Dame is forced to find a home, where do they go? ACC and Big East are dead. Big Ten went nuclear with their decision to expand without ND. SEC is probably at 16 (with UNC and VTech).

I'd laugh if the Big XII ends up with FSU, WVU, and ND as the cornerstones of their expansion and the Big Ten gets Maryland, Georgia Tech, and Rutgers.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA

First off, I doubt that the SEC is going to just let UNC go to the Big Ten. If they open up the expansion book again, they also take VTech.

If the ACC falls apart, FSU and Clemson are probably Big XII bound. Maybe others as well.

After all the dust settles and Notre Dame is forced to find a home, where do they go? ACC and Big East are dead. Big Ten went nuclear with their decision to expand without ND. SEC is probably at 16 (with UNC and VTech).

I'd laugh if the Big XII ends up with FSU, WVU, and ND as the cornerstones of their expansion and the Big Ten gets Maryland, Georgia Tech, and Rutgers.

IF, and I mean IF we are for some reason forced to go to 16. I would also laugh if we ended up with Florida State, Clemson, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Louisville, and some other left over ACC team (NC State etc.)
I would want to still play KU, KSU and keep a texas presence though And keep the same or add money to our pocket. I couldn't even begin to figure pods with this....erggg.
Can't we all just play nice? Its like watching a reality show.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Why would UNC want to be in the SEC over the B10? UNC doesn't fit the SEC culture at all, especially on the academic side. They would be a much better fit in the B10 and also make more money that way.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Why would UNC want to be in the SEC over the B10? UNC doesn't fit the SEC culture at all, especially on the academic side. They would be a much better fit in the B10 and also make more money that way.

It's still all about Notre Dame, but if they make 15, with Maryland and Rutgers on board I think UNC is the Big Ten's next best realistic target where both parties would win.

The people who say "Texas" are deluding themselves. The tiny microscopic chance of Texas joining the Big Ten circled the drain when they expanded into New Jersey and Maryland.

The trend is moving toward major teams in the same state not being in the same major conference. ISU and Iowa have always been that way, but a lot of these ACC/Big East (it's been like one conference for 20 years now basically) teams are headed in that direction.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
shaggybevo has someone saying the goal is not 16 but 20 and that the networks want 3 20 team "leagues" for which there would be 2 from each league in the 6 team playoff. fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron