*** Official ISU vs. Texas Gameday Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I want to erase all memory of people (myself included) that said this team could be special with a good QB. We're an average team from top to bottom. Offense and Defense.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I'm loving everyone screaming about Jantz. Herp derp.

He's getting zero help from his offensive coordinator (who won't run the ball consistently even though we're getting five ******* yards per carry) or his receivers, who can't get open, can't read a blitz and run a hot route, and when they do get a ball thrown to them, can't ******* catch it.

You are right. He's getting zero help from the Offense coordinator because for some unknown reason, the offensive coordinator actually trust Steele to be able to complete a pass. Mess is terrible and so is Steele. I'm telling you, there is going to be a hole in my wall if Steele enters this game again!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
ISU is overmatched here guys. Basically at every position they have the better player. Disappointing but not surprising.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
I for one blame myself for having high hopes this season... I shoulda known better...

i predicted 5-6 wins. spot on with that one. oddly i think we lose to kansas and beat wv. it kind of felt like this would be the year to take another step with so many senior leaders. opportunity nearly lost on that one. too bad we don't have knott.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This is exactly why I look forward to basketball every season. They don't even make it interesting.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I don't blame the defense at all. You can't expect them to manufacture momentum over and over. We freaking have 7 points against a TERRIBLE defense. If we had Tulsa's offense--or Northern Illinois or Utah State's we would have way more than 7 against Texas right now.