ISU Mancaves

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Ok im not done yet...but thought id share. Im still looking for unique pieces to add...so if you have anything for sale...let me know.

Currently i have:

Original Big Peach sports section from sunday paper after we ended Iowa losing streak
Stenciled fight song
Limited painting of Johnny Orr (only 143 made)
Auogrpahed Matt Blair photo
One of a kind Jake Sullivan Painting signed by Jake
Todd Blythe autographed #1 Jersey
1923 Team Photo (our great great uncle Jack played on the same team with Trice)
1923 Track medal from ISU
1923 Track Baton from ISU
Barry Stevens indivdual photos (these used to be on the walls outside Hilton)
Framed tickets from 1996 basketball champs
Framed tickets from 2000 Mens and Womens basketball champs.

Still looking for good pieces....If anyone has a cool ISU mancave..post some pics, be interesting to see what everyone has.

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Some cardinal highlights/trim (like you said) would definitely up the awesome-factor. Great collection though! Jealous!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Nice. I haven't done much to mine, other than add ISU items all over the place.

Got a Seneca-signed Jersey, AA-signed ball, a letter from Jamie Pollard and a basketball poster from the DG/Brackins era signed by the team, along with about fifty items with ISU logos on them.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Nice. I haven't done much to mine, other than add ISU items all over the place.

Got a Seneca-signed Jersey, AA-signed ball, a letter from Jamie Pollard and a basketball poster from the DG/Brackins era signed by the team, along with about fifty items with ISU logos on them.

Oh nice...a Seneca jersey would be sweet to have.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Just start snagging ISU pictures off the internet then go get them printed at Office Max in black and white and some dollar store frames. Use those to fill in the black space between your more prize pieces.

Maybe consolidate the pieces to one or two walls to give it a denser more filled in look. Like it is bursting with hisotry. The other wall can then be like an accent wall that throws your attention to walls with new peices on them.

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
Ok im not done yet...but thought id share. Im still looking for unique pieces to add...so if you have anything for sale...let me know.

Wow. Very nice. You're way out of my league

I took a poor shot of our pool room. Pennant is 1970's vintage. Veenker flag from 90's I think. Tried to take shot of old Cy logo ball from 70's Veenker, but too blurry.

Reactions: CapnCy

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I split my items between my home office and work office. Here are some photos of some of my items at home.

A few items shown I like:
-That one photo is us beating Wilt's team, that is a mag basketball coaches
-A few signed Hoiberg/Rhoads items
-That Ennis Haywood photo is the postcard ISU sent out that said "Ennis the Menace" to promote him for the Doak Walker award. He gave that to me and signed it for me (and that is one of his arm bands next to it)

It's not shown, but I recently added one of the nets from Hilton from this year as well...one of my new favorite unique items.

I also have Jamaal Tinsley's mail forwarding card from the MWL hall desk from when he moved out.

In my office at work, I have one of Ennis' jerseys from his freshman year, a very old ISU banner, Okie State towel, etc...

I too am always looking for cool/unique items...let me know if you are ever getting rid of something unique...i LOVE donations of cool items. You never know, I may have extra items to give back.

Last edited:

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Just moving into my new place now but I had an awesome room at my last place. I will be putting the Iowa State room version 2 up here in the coming weeks. But currently I have a game used autographed Sage rosenfels white jersey. An authentic seneca wallace style football helmet. Jared homan game used signed jersey team signed football from the 2010 team and much much more.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
I split my items between my home office and work office. Here are some photos of some of my items at home.

A few items shown I like:
-That one photo is us beating Wilt's team, that is a mag basketball coaches
-A few signed Hoiberg/Rhoads items
-That Ennis Haywood photo is the postcard ISU sent out that said "Ennis the Menace" to promote him for the Doak Walker award. He gave that to me and signed it for me (and that is one of his arm bands next to it)

It's not shown, but I recently added one of the nets from Hilton from this year as well...one of my new favorite unique items.

I also have Jamaal Tinsley's mail forwarding card from the MWL hall desk from when he moved out.

In my office at work, I have one of Ennis' jerseys from his freshman year, a very old ISU banner, Okie State towel, etc...

I too am always looking for cool/unique items...let me know if you are ever getting rid of something unique...i LOVE donations of cool items. You never know, I may have extra items to give back.

BAMA: I like it...room looks like it has some great potential.

Nice Capn....good pieces, very well done...the Tinsley mail forwarding thing made me laugh. Nice snare. :)

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
I have an extra spirit rag from the Oklahoma state game last year... for the right price.. it's very valuable to me.:v_SPIN:

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
I have an extra spirit rag from the Oklahoma state game last year... for the right price.. it's very valuable to me.:v_SPIN:

Im not sure i could do that.

Have a new baby so i had to make the choice that week..go to the OSU game.....or the Iowa State/ Drake basketball game that week.....which one do you supposed i picked?

(Facepalm)

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Eventually what I want to do is wallpaper an entire wall or two with all of the Cyclone sports posters ive accumulated over the years

optimuslott

Sep 3, 2011
Ames, IA
I love the mancave photos. My wife and I had a solid mancave in Auburn, but dismantled it for a move.

My family and I have so much ISU stuff it is disgusting. If anyone has ever been in the grad college at ISU...my family owns all the gear there (it will be tamed down due to retirements of key people).

Odd things we own include a giant standee of Johnny Orr among soooooo many other vintage pieces.

For a mancave, Jersey's will do wonders. Old signage or flags do wonders for space that is lacking. You don't have to frame them and they take up space/add color. Old flags are fairly inexpensive.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
I love the mancave photos. My wife and I had a solid mancave in Auburn, but dismantled it for a move.

My family and I have so much ISU stuff it is disgusting. If anyone has ever been in the grad college at ISU...my family owns all the gear there (it will be tamed down due to retirements of key people).

Odd things we own include a giant standee of Johnny Orr among soooooo many other vintage pieces.

For a mancave, Jersey's will do wonders. Old signage or flags do wonders for space that is lacking. You don't have to frame them and they take up space/add color. Old flags are fairly inexpensive.

Got anything for purchase?