ISU Mancaves

C

CyBer

If you go to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and upload them to their site you can copy/paste the direct link into here in-between
tags, and then they will just show up.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Ok im not done yet...but thought id share. Im still looking for unique pieces to add...so if you have anything for sale...let me know.

Currently i have:

Original Big Peach sports section from sunday paper after we ended Iowa losing streak
Stenciled fight song
Limited painting of Johnny Orr (only 143 made)
Auogrpahed Matt Blair photo
One of a kind Jake Sullivan Painting signed by Jake
Todd Blythe autographed #1 Jersey
1923 Team Photo (our great great uncle Jack played on the same team with Trice)
1923 Track medal from ISU
1923 Track Baton from ISU
Barry Stevens indivdual photos (these used to be on the walls outside Hilton)
Framed tickets from 1996 basketball champs
Framed tickets from 2000 Mens and Womens basketball champs.

Still looking for good pieces....If anyone has a cool ISU mancave..post some pics, be interesting to see what everyone has.

This all looks great but you really need a bar. Gotta have a bar. I'm in the process of putting a bar in my garage...42' lcd with a bar, some ISU and Bears stuff. Nothing fancy but guys like to sit at a bar and drink booze when they watch games.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
This all looks great but you really need a bar. Gotta have a bar. I'm in the process of putting a bar in my garage...42' lcd with a bar, some ISU and Bears stuff. Nothing fancy but guys like to sit at a bar and drink booze when they watch games.

Yeah Im thinking of adding a pub table or something.....a "bar" really isn't me. Not a big drinker.....

optimuslott

Sep 3, 2011
Ames, IA
I have gotten a lot of messages from peeps wanting to see all the ISU stuff we have, so I will post it here when I get the time. We are in the process of moving so it may be awhile until it is unpacked so I will post as much as possible then (it will be a lot of photos).

Most of the items were found at garage sales/goodwill/salvation army over a 50 year period. I don't have any helmets or jerseys unfortunately. I will just show you all what type of flags/knick-knacks as well as some ISU oddities that exist out there.

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
Maynard and Mike are from Lake Mills, Iowa. Mike played defensive line for ISU with Maynard. Mike went on to a 11 year NFL career (pretty sure it was 11) and had three boys.

Andy, the oldest son, played football at ISU from 97-2000 I believe. He was at tight end and then moved to offensive line to make room for Mike Banks (if I remember correctly). I thought he got screwed bc Andy had great hands and had quite a few terrific catches his soph year before the move. He ended up being a very solid consistent starter on the line for moving so late in the career. He finished his career at the Insight Bowl which I was there for and remember vividly. Wasn't drafted but went to some NFL camps but never stuck.

Kevin, the middle son, played defensive tackle at UNI. Had a very good career there (started either 3 or 4 years I believe).

Michael, the youngest son, played basketball in college.

Great people and a great family!

Agree, great people. I know Andy has two sons and they are big and look like future Cyclone football players if you ask me... They are only around 5 and 3 but they look more like 8 and 5...

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
My mancave doesn't have a coherent theme, unless you want to call it "eclectic." ISU is represented by:
Cardinal and Gold walls (I thought it end up gaudy but actually worked out nicely.)
Wallstars (I-State logo and various Cy logos.)
Small shelves with various ISU stuff--Mini helmet, gnome, etc.

Other items: lots of baseball caps (come to think of it, I have several ISU ones), various other hats, desk with books and typewriter, record player and trunk with vinyl (some cool and some cheesy), guitars, TV on crappy stand, World's Ugliest Chair, and an odd collection of random stuff that I thought, "Hey, that would look cool on the wall/desk/crappy tv stand."

WAP311

Jul 17, 2012
Waukee
I wouldn't call mine a mancave because it is more of a family room but I got some of the Vintage ISU football calendars the past few years and they have prints that sweet vintage football programs prints that are perforated for framing. We bought 6 nice frames and put them up.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I wouldn't call mine a mancave because it is more of a family room but I got some of the Vintage ISU football calendars the past few years and they have prints that sweet vintage football programs prints that are perforated for framing. We bought 6 nice frames and put them up.

We have saved these calendars too, and I am going to do the same thing some day :smile:

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
Update to the mancave thread, the wife bought me a great shop stool for the b'day. She had it made to resemble the 76-78 helmets, my favorite. For those anatomic purists among us, yes the ISU stickers are rotated to the front instead of side as on a helmet. God love her, I give her an A for the effort though!
View attachment 15791