OU Internal Emails Regarding Realignment

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Is that THE Bob Dole?

To: Boren, David L.
Subject: Big XII
Date: Monday, September 12, 2011 4:11:32 PM
David,
I was unable to reach you by phone last Friday and I’m not in the office but a few minutes today.
My message is that I hope OU is going to stick with the “Big XII.” The central part of the country
can support its own conference. The Big XII is geographically balanced and there has been steady
growth and heritage from the Big 6 to the Big 8 to the present Big 12 Conference. OU is the 800-
pound gorilla and your support is critical. Thank you for your consideration David.
Have a good day.
BOB

CycloneJL

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Falls
Is that THE Bob Dole?

David,
I was unable to reach you by phone last Friday and I’m not in the office but a few minutes today.
My message is that I hope OU is going to stick with the “Big XII.â€￾ The central part of the country
can support its own conference. The Big XII is geographically balanced and there has been steady
growth and heritage from the Big 6 to the Big 8 to the present Big 12 Conference. OU is the 800-
pound gorilla and your support is critical. Thank you for your consideration David.
Have a good day.
BOB

I believe it is (he is from Kansas).

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
That's some mighty fine reading and serves to squash this ridiculous notion that OU is committed to the Big 12-2-1+1+1-1.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
Is that THE Bob Dole?

David,
My message is that I hope OU is going to stick with the “Big XII.â€￾ The central part of the country
Have a good day.
BOB

Dole was a Kansas senator. Makes sense that he would try to keep the Big 12 together. He and Boren were in the Senate together.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
That's some mighty fine reading and serves to squash this ridiculous notion that OU is committed to the Big 12-2-1+1+1-1.

So I'm sure when you read it, you noticed where all of this stuff is from late August and early September before the Pac-12 window closed.

Your act is as tired as your University's whoring itself out to the Big Ten and then the SEC. If you want to go through this whole self-masturbatory charade, taking joy in some sort of imagined schadenfreude, I'd suggest you do it elsewhere. Whether or not the Big 12 actually survives or actually falls apart, sleep well knowing that Missouri has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to slow the destruction of college football through conference realignment.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Please show me anything other than a bunch of e-mails from irrational fans that want out of the Big 12. There was nothing from OU administration that said they were not committed to the Big 12. Boren's interview was already public information.

You lose, but thanks for playing. Try again.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
For the love of God. Go away.

This.

So I'm sure when you read it, you noticed where all of this stuff is from late August and early September before the Pac-12 window closed.
Your act is as tired as your University's whoring itself out to the Big Ten and then the SEC. If you want to go through this whole self-masturbatory charade, taking joy in some sort of imagined schadenfreude, I'd suggest you do it elsewhere. Whether or not the Big 12 actually survives or actually falls apart, sleep well knowing that Missouri has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to slow the destruction of college football through conference realignment.

This.

Leave. Now.

And This!

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007

Unfortuntately you can't argue with dumb.

The thought of Bob Dole using a computer made me chuckle.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006

You know .... we never really liked you guys when you were in the conference, but we always felt we had to put up with you since you were sort of family .... kind of like the 32 year old half-wit mostly "special" second cousin who was always at the Christmas dinner picking his nose at the table. Now that you have quit on the B12, please also quit on all things B12 and get the hell out of here and go suck up to those cheaters in the SEC that will be sodomizing mizzou FB for the next decade.

Last edited:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
My favorite:

Dear President Boren and Athletic Director Castiglione:

Please look the email below that I sent to the president and ad at Oklahoma State. In the
message I mention that with Texas A&M leaving the BIG 12 by July 2012, instead of
expanding the BIG 12, that your institution along with Missouri, Oklahoma State, and Texas
A&M should join the MWC. The MWC is on the verge of becoming a BCS conference by
2012. With the schools that I have mentioned joining the Mountain West, the MWC would
complete their quest of becoming a BCS conference, competing in the Fiesta Bowl yearly.

With your school and the other three BIG 12 members joining the Mountain West, the MWC
would then have five members in the top 25 going into next year, as your school, Boise State,
Oklahoma State, Missouri, and Texas A&M are in the top 25. So, instead of expanding the
BIG 12 join the MWC by July 2012.

Sincerely,
Marc Wilson

Hahaha.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

So what is your point other than being a ******. Is the BigXII the most stable conference in the country? No, but a good deal of that is thanks to your craphole of an institution. Are you saying we should leave? We don't have TV's so where would you have us go. Are you bragging about your SEC spot? I would much rather be in a somewhat unstable BigXII than a stable SEC and THAT IS THE TRUTH. My conclusion is you are just here thinking your team did something that we must all really covet and you are here to gloat. Well, we all know this thing isn't perfect, but it is all we have for now and we are going to support it. Time for you to get a life. You didn't seem to care about ISU when you were part of the XII, so why now. And why ISU. You find the most disadvantaged school in the conference as far as tradition, money, TV, climate, etc and thump your chest at us? HELLO! We have been more successful than you in the BigXII in combined sports. We know what it is like to be the furthest north team in a southern based conference and have known it for 100 years. We do what we do in spite of that and guess what? You will soon get to find this out too. So, if you are looking for congratulations, here it is. Congratulations. You saved yourself from relevence. But, at least you are safe from the big bad BigXII. Adios, *******.

Reactions: driegner

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

Can I ask you an honest question?

Why are you here? What are you looking for?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Can I ask you an honest question?

Why are you here? What are you looking for?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

--Insert anything QBMizzou says here--

il1jaw.gif

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
You know .... we never really liked you guys when you were in the conference, but we always felt we had to put up with you since you were sort of family .... kind of like the 32 year old half-wit mostly "special" second cousin who was always at the Christmas dinner picking his nose at the table. Now that you have quit on the B12, please also quit on all things B12 and get the hell out of here and go suck up to those cheaters in the SEC that will be sodomizing mizzou FB for the next decade.

Isn't it interesting we never heard from these a-holes until conference realignment? This is a flagrant act of trolling us because we're the "most unfortunate" of the B12's members.

It's the equivalent of that half-wit avoiding all family functions until he gets a hot gold-digging trophy wife.