2010-2011 MBB Poster

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I received my MBB tickets Friday, and usually the season tickets look the same as the poster, please tell me the poster will not be the same as the tickets this year. I thought the poster from last year was pretty weak, but this one may top it.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I get that, just not a fan of having the coach on a poster.....wasn't a fan of the poster from Mac's first year either.

I understand. At the same time, he's the most recognizable face in the program, much more so than the 3 returning players, and he brings back memories of a much more fun time in Cyclone basketball.

I think he's actually (and I've said this since he was hired) the only marketing chip that the program has for this year. The Return of the Mayor is really the only selling point we have for ticket sales.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Has to be Fred on the poster. What else is there? Should they have gone with a DG finishing at the rim photo?

Reactions: BigBake

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I understand. At the same time, he's the most recognizable face in the program, much more so than the 3 returning players, and he brings back memories of a much more fun time in Cyclone basketball.

I think he's actually (and I've said this since he was hired) the only marketing chip that the program has for this year. The Return of the Mayor is really the only selling point we have for ticket sales.

Agree. Just like in football they sold the hell out of the locker room speech. They are playing on fan emotions right now to sell tickets. Thats good marketing.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Agree. Just like in football they sold the hell out of the locker room speech. They are playing on fan emotions right now to sell tickets. Thats good marketing.

We could play off of last year's record. No, never mind.

They're playing on the stuff that connects with people. Our marketing department is pretty solid.

Two weeks from Friday..............

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
maybe they should have put a pic of all the numbers on Fred's speed dial on there, I swear he mentions that in every interview he gives

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I heard MBB Season ticket sales were down this year. Any truth to this? I know we are going to struggle this year, but thought the Freddie hire would help in maintaining current sale levels.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
I heard MBB Season ticket sales were down this year. Any truth to this? I know we are going to struggle this year, but thought the Freddie hire would help in maintaining current sale levels.

They haven't said anything, but I'm betting that they're down, but not as much as they would have been.

We added a ticket to our order, so that's one new ticket.

I guess I'm thinking it's close to last year, but I was hoping it would be higher for the Mayor.

Jun 14, 2010

I don't know, but every local media outlet pounding in how bad you are going to suck may be too much to overcome.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron