Army defeats Ball State 24-17

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You know, guys, Ball St might just be the worst team in D-I this year. So far they've lost to North Texas (which has been one of the worst D-I teams over the last 5 years) and were beaten pretty soundly by New Hampshire (a solid FCS team).

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly colored impressed by Army's win today. Not saying the game's going to be easy next week, but them beating Ball St doesn't exactly impress me, either.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
You know, guys, Ball St might just be the worst team in D-I this year. So far they've lost to North Texas (which has been one of the worst D-I teams over the last 5 years) and were beaten pretty soundly by New Hampshire (a solid FCS team).

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly colored impressed by Army's win today. Not saying the game's going to be easy next week, but them beating Ball St doesn't exactly impress me, either.

They are 2-1 so far and they will run it and run it and run it against a not so good ISU front 7. I watched them play two weeks ago and I could see them causing us problems. If people are worried about Kent State game, they should be even more worried about Army.

Last edited:

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Well, how does their D stack up? I didn't watch the game, but they let Ball State put 17 on them.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
They are 2-1 so far and they will run it and run it and run it against a not so good ISU front 7. I watched them play two weeks ago and I could see them causing us problems. If people are worried about Kent State game, they should be even more worried about Army.

IMO ISU has played better RBs than thay have. We also have Sims, Smith and Smith.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Should we win the game next week? Yes, just like we should win the game tonight, but if our offense doesn't show up it could be a nail biter. All I'm saying.

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006

Washington State might compete for the worst team.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Yeah, they are 2-1 - their other victory is over an 0-3 Eastern Michigan, who's probably right up there in the "worst team in America" conversation with Ball St.

Maybe they will beat us. But I just get sick and tired of the panicking over a team that we will be playing later in the season when their victories are as weak as Army's are.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
No panic about it, just pointing out to everyone that Army isn't going to be a pushover like so many on here think it is going to be.

PS- May I ask who we have beaten?, we haven't proved anything yet ourselves.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'm pretty sure most of the people on this board would have been at the Army game next week no matter...but this Kent state win was definitely needed. We have a stadium with 2 years worth of upgrading, nice looking concessions and walkways now and plans to bowl in a south endzone. We've lived off hope as a fanbase for quite awhile. A loss out in Kent would've really hurt attendance. I predict a sellout next saturday

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
and army got beat pretty soundly by a not that great duke team that got blown out by kansas. agree that this team of ours has no gimmies, but this is a game we should win and win easily.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
The fact is Army is not that good. I'm excited to see how our front 7, plus Sims, plays against their run. I thought the D-line looked (or sounded) a little better last night. I want to see these guys make some plays. Jesse Smith is going to have a hayday.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I think Army is going to have some issues trying to run the ball against us. Just saying. I liked what I saw out of our run D last night. They were aggressive and on the attack. I think we can handle Army. It makes a difference when you play a team that is literally no threat to air the ball out. Stack the box and shut them down.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I think Wally probably has seen his share of the triple option.

Wally did design a defense that held West Virginia with Pat White and Steve Slaton to their lowest offensive outputs in each season that they played them. He will have the defense ready. Can they execute his plan...... We shall see.