Army defeats Ball State 24-17

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I'm pretty sure most of the people on this board would have been at the Army game next week no matter...but this Kent state win was definitely needed. We have a stadium with 2 years worth of upgrading, nice looking concessions and walkways now and plans to bowl in a south endzone. We've lived off hope as a fanbase for quite awhile. A loss out in Kent would've really hurt attendance. I predict a sellout next saturday

and if someone with tickets isn't going....I'm looking to buy.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I actually think Army plays right into our hands. Our defense has never been good against the run for the past 3 years, but they have been even worse against the pass, especially a spread offense that dinks and dunks down the field.

Army's QB's have completed 15 passes in 3 games. 15 completions.

Army's offense will do nothing through the air and will solely try to run the ball. Believe it or not, we have some pretty good run defense guys in Jesse Smith and James Smith. Not to mention that I think the DL has been the best since 2005, but they are no where close to that team.

I really think we load the box and beat the crap out of this team.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Army is not only a win, but a MUST win. We need to keep the momentum.

6 TOs per game and nearly 100 yards in penalties, MUST stop. Army is good enough to make us pay for the TOs, much like Iowa did and KSU didn't.

We play 3 quarters of FB like the first half of the KSU game, this is a blow out.

I am not too worried about stopping the run against Army as I am concerned with stopping the scheme of the Triple Option.... one mistake by any one of our three cover guys... and they make big plays.

I look for a good, but easy win by ISU.

-keep

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
Army has 15 completions in 3 games...I dont care how good the running game is we should force them to beat us in the air

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Army is not only a win, but a MUST win. We need to keep the momentum.

Army is a must win, for a midseason resolution of the "4.5 Wins one the Season Over"--er, on the path to a possible Bowl game, because the odds of winning only get slimmer from here...no matter how bad K-State looks. :wink:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Army is a must win, for a midseason resolution of the "4.5 Wins one the Season Over"--er, on the path to a possible Bowl game, because the odds of winning only get slimmer from here...no matter how bad K-State looks. :wink:

Actually KSU played pretty tight at UCLA a week after UCLA beat Tennesee.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
and army got beat pretty soundly by a not that great duke team that got blown out by kansas.

Duke was leading 21-13 with 3:00 left, and Army had the ball with a long field to go. Army was forced to throw, and Duke got pick-6s on back-to-back plays to go up 35-13 with 1:32 to play. Army got a garbage TD as the clock ran out for the 35-19 final.

As for Ball State...Army won by 7 and scored 17 points off of 4 BSU turnovers, including a game-winning pick-6 with 6:41 left. And Ball State is pretty bad, having already lost to North Texas (1-11 last year) and New Hampshire (I-AA).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron