Caels new salary

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Ok this has probabaly been posted before but, is it true that his salary is not even close to 500,000. I heard that from a very credible source.

ISU2007

Feb 12, 2007
North Liberty, IA
I still keep hearing that with the booster contributions, it will end up being around 300k/year with a 1 million signing bonus.

Penn State is probably paying around 150k/year, which is the 10% raise he was talking about.

Last edited:

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Sorry gocy... I really think Chadm wanted to know what the weather is like outside and not what the salary is.... Since your parading around saying you know what it is.
what did i say that made it sound like that

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Cael has said in his blog its a less than 10% increase, and that the talk of him getting a million dollar contract is ridiculous.

I have no problem taking what he has said there at face value, because those are going to be facts that can be proven, so I doubt he is gonna lie.

It then opens up the door to a lot of questions.

Did he leave because of:

-not wanting to be #2 in his state
-rift in the program/athletic department/ISU heirarchy

I guess those two things come to my mind...Cael is right, the number of athletes out east that he can get is probably an easier road than at ISU...but he has proven he can land great recruiting classes at Iowa State. He was not in the same conference as Iowa. Now he is.

As for winning the national title being easier at PSU...heck, winning the Big Ten is gonna be a chore...OSU is on the rise, MN will be saltier next year...Iowa is back...Michigan has a solid program...most every team is ranked in the Top 25 year in and year out. I guess I just don't understand that one.

He has publicly thanked Jamie in his blog, saying ISU is lucky to have him.

All of this just doesnt add up for me, and even though I have some fun on the radio from time to time, I think folks can tell when I am going conspiracy theory for the sake of entertainment.

This is not one of those times. It just doesnt add up....10 national qualifiers returning, after showing great improvement from last year to this year with regards to offensive style wrestling, bonus points, etc....

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
His salary is 10% greater.... that isn't a lie. How much other money is he getting from other places, that has yet to be seen.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Cael has said in his blog its a less than 10% increase, and that the talk of him getting a million dollar contract is ridiculous.

I have no problem taking what he has said there at face value, because those are going to be facts that can be proven, so I doubt he is gonna lie.

Did he leave because of:

I guess those two things come to my mind...Cael is right, the number of athletes out east that he can get is probably an easier road than at ISU...but he has proven he can land great recruiting classes at Iowa State. He was not in the same conference as Iowa. Now he is.

As for winning the national title being easier at PSU...heck, winning the Big Ten is gonna be a chore...OSU is on the rise, MN will be saltier next year...Iowa is back...Michigan has a solid program...most every team is ranked in the Top 25 year in and year out. I guess I just don't understand that one.

All of this just doesnt add up for me, and even though I have some fun on the radio from time to time, I think folks can tell when I am going conspiracy theory for the sake of entertainment.

This is not one of those times. It just doesnt add up....10 national qualifiers returning, after showing great improvement from last year to this year with regards to offensive style wrestling, bonus points, etc....

Shouldn't you be in bed by now? :wink:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

Did he leave because of:

Jon.....let's put it in your terms.

Would you uproot your family and move several states away for a job in a more prestigious market and a measly 10% pay increase?

I know you love Iowa....Cael claims he loves ISU as well. Would you, COULD you....move your family away from here for a 10% raise?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Jon.....let's put it in your terms.

Would you uproot your family and move several states away for a job in a more prestigious market and a measly 10% pay increase?

I know you love Iowa....Cael claims he loves ISU as well. Would you, COULD you....move your family away from here for a 10% raise?

Jon is also from here, and has lived here most of his life. Cael is from Utah, and doesn't feel the "pull" of home like many Iowans who have spent a lot of time out of state do.

Just my .02