Zeb Noland

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not my judgement, it's an observation based on years of visiting this board. I'm not chiming in to say that Zeb didn't play good, I think he did. I just find it funny how this type of thread pops up, then half a season more and that QB is the reason for all of our woes and the backup should play. Wash, rinse repeat.

This isn't a judgement on any QB, it's about some fans.
Well, it’s true that fans remember the most recent performance the most, but that’s not unique to first time Iowa State QBs on CF. It’s the same for any head coach or prominent player.

Plus, very few, if any thought Tiller ever showed much in his first action. Steele was a junior. JB looked good in terms of leading a KState type offense. Sam is a decent comparison, I agree. Both he and JB would have been winning QBs with a different staff/teams. As good as Noland looked, any QB will look good if we get DM an Oline to run behind and continue to have WRs like Lazard, Ryen, Murdock, Butler etc

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
In a situation where a young guy and a senior seem to be at similar levels, then I would think you default to youth and build for the future....I would really hope next year is the year we "pop" (even more than this year) with the full weight of Campbell's recruiting kicking in, even if we are losing some pieces with a ton of experience from the Rhoads era.

Agree about the tie going to the freshman.

That’s the disappointing thing about all these close losses, and in particular the phantom INT. We are so close to having that “pop” year in Year 2, and the momentum would have made future success tangibly easier imo.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Hadn't seen that. I just thought it was kinda weird that they knew about it all week, but then it was all of a sudden so bad that he had to take his pads off, after leading us to two TDs.

He tried to play through it but the sack where Foster just wiffed on his guy was to much.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
It's ironic how posters can post how great our coaches are in one line then complain about their play calling in the next. CMC said the reason for the passes was the fact we only had 40+ seconds and no timeouts. While I hated to see how the game ended I am very pleased with what this team showed through out the game, coming back time after time after getting behind early in the first half. Hoping KK's shoulder issue gets better as we will need both for the last two games and a bowl game.
Pass plays are good. Fade pass plays at the goal line are not.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'd feel pretty good about going into next season with Zeb as our #1, but if Park isn't back next year, we HAVE to bring in a transfer or JUCO or something. No way can we have Moore and Re-al Mitchell as our back up QB options next year IMO. They just aren't ready.

Did you get hired on to the coaching staff recently that I wasn’t aware of?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agree about the tie going to the freshman.

That’s the disappointing thing about all these close losses, and in particular the phantom INT. We are so close to having that “pop” year in Year 2, and the momentum would have made future success tangibly easier imo.

8-4 and a bowl game does that too (not as much as 9-3 or 10-2, but still outstanding for year two).

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
CMC and his staff our unbelievable. Our QB situation this year speaks volumes to their ability to develop players. It is pretty clear that the kids throughout the whole program are working hard and getting better every week, not just the number 1s. Not just scholarship players, but walkons too. If kids love the process... It is not just a line.

Last edited:

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Haven't seen a depth chart all season listing Zeb below #2.

Ok coaches 4th choice. Park, Lanning, Kempt, Noland was how the coaches played them. You are right and i was not even close to making an accurate statement. I stand corrected.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
CMC and his staff our unbelievable. Our QB situation this year speaks volumes to their ability to develop players. It is pretty clear that the kids throughout the whole program are working hard and getting better every week, not just the number 1s. Not just scholarship players, but walkons too. It kids love the process... It is not just a line.
Didn't multiple qbs play in the same seasons at Toledo? I mean this staff just can flat out coach and whatever they decide to do at QB I'm fine with.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If Park does not come back, do they bring in a grad transfer or juco for extra QB depth? With Moore not being 100% until next year and Mitchell being a freshman, would they need an extra for backup?

Yeah, if Park doesn't come back they need another guy. I've got one in mind who is from the midwest, had a Toledo offer, will graduate and have 2 years. The name won't excite people too much but his history would make sense and he'd be a good guy to have on the team whether he starts or doesn't. Alex Malzone from Michigan is the guy I'm talking about. I just don't think you can go into the next two years with the guys we have having so little experience and time in college football.

• Useful
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron