Zeb Noland

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Talk about a gutsy performance. We will see if it continues, but the offense sure seems to function better with Zeb in there. The offense is much more confident, up-tempo, physical, and less conservative. I have to imagine there are more play-calling opportunities in play now as well.

Im thankful for Kempt for the last few weeks and I feel terrible saying this, but this has to be a permanent change. This game would have been a blowout if Kempt had stayed in there. Zeb is honestly a perfect blend of Park and Kempt in terms of shear ability and smarts.

Hes young and made a mistake at the end of the game but I love this kid's future.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Zeb played a heck of a game. He has a lot of talent and will continue to improve. I love Kempt, but I don’t know how many more games we can win with him.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
I wonder Zeb would have beaten TCU by a few scores and knocked out WVU or won against OSU if he started. I know Kemp took a huge hit in the TCU game, has been hurting for a while. Because we never saw the Kemp from the Sooners games

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
As of now, he's the guy and he deserves it. Wouldn't have even been in the situation at the end without him. Zeb Noland is a big reason ISU was in the game at the end.

I'm a fan of letting the back-up get a few meaningful snaps, but I think KK needs to be honored for what he has done by letting him start the last games but also working Zeb in at the appropriate times.

Cyclones are back on the football map and none of that happens without KK (and all the supporting cast too).

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
I'm a fan of letting the back-up get a few meaningful snaps, but I think KK needs to be honored for what he has done by letting him start the last games but also working Zeb in at the appropriate times.

Cyclones are back on the football map and none of that happens without KK (and all the supporting cast too).
Absolutely, KK is the QB that got ISU to this point. Zeb doesn't win vs OU or TCU in my opinion but, after what he showed today I think he's the guy. I should note my opinion is based on the fact I don't think Kempt plays next week.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and GM4ISU

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

It might not even be an option though.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO

We feel bad for Kempt, but this coaching staff isnt going to sacrifice wins to give KK starts that he deserves if they think Zeb gives them the better chance to win. And anybody watching the offense since the OU game can see that the offense has been pretty stagnant since that game. A few drives here and there but overall the offense has been missing something. The offense looks more like it did when Park was starting after Zeb took over. Montgomery was playing better after that as well.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He’s more like what we had with Park. The arm talent opens up some things. Get an offensive line and we’ll be rolling.

I’d wouldn’t hesitate to use all three of Kempt, Lanning, and Noland depending on the situation. For example, had Kempt been able, you put him in once we reached the 4. Or had there been more time, Lanning on a play or two. But I think we’ll need Noland if teams are compressing the field. It’s not really a QB controversy when it’s between a a walkon backup, a freshman backup, and your starting LB.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
The Park "MIA situation" has really been a blessing. It surely bumped up Zeb's reps in practice, and then went another step further to the point where he got productive game snaps in a tough spot.

Zeb looks the part of a really solid QB, and getting these reps this year is going to help going forward.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Talk about a gutsy performance. We will see if it continues, but the offense sure seems to function better with Zeb in there. The offense is much more confident, up-tempo, physical, and less conservative. I have to imagine there are more play-calling opportunities in play now as well.

Im thankful for Kempt for the last few weeks and I feel terrible saying this, but this has to be a permanent change. This game would have been a blowout if Kempt had stayed in there. Zeb is honestly a perfect blend of Park and Kempt in terms of shear ability and smarts.

Hes young and made a mistake at the end of the game but I love this kid's future.

I have a crazy case of dejavu here. I'm too tired right now, but I'd like to go back and find all the threads just like this after all of our QBs first games. I'm sure I've read this same thing going all the way back to Tiller.

isu83

May 5, 2010
He needs to mature, and he needs to learn situational awareness. All of that will come with reps. But hell, that skill set tho. Might be the most talented QB we've had in a very long time.
IMO It was just one game. Zeb did play great.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
He was great! He will be a very very good qb. It feels really good to finally have a qb coach to develop talent. Today sucks, but the future looks very bright.

Reactions: cyking

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron