***YMCA CCL Stats from 6-24***

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Again, who cares?

If these stats were against the Big 12 then I'd be astounded by them, but again it's CCL. I'll just assume you're easily impressed and amused by a simple thing as good stats in a summer league that doesn't mean jack.

Impressive stats. You can be impressed and still realize it doesn't translate to B12. Don't get involved in a CCL stats thread if you are going to tell people what to think.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Impressive stats. You can be impressed and still realize it doesn't translate to B12. Don't get involved in a CCL stats thread if you are going to tell people what to think.

I expressed my opinion. Plus its clones21 for god's sake. And don't interject and tell me what to do. Thanks!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Slap Fight!!

If summer league stats are just going to start fights, maybe they shouldn't be posted :jimlad:

Clones21 is a big boy (ok, maybe not - I don't really know). If he and others can't take them for what they are worth, that's they're problem. They don't need others to protect them.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Slap Fight!!

If summer league stats are just going to start fights, maybe they shouldn't be posted :jimlad:

Clones21 is a big boy (ok, maybe not - I don't really know). If he and others can't take them for what they are worth, that's they're problem. They don't need others to protect them.

He's good with love advice though!!:spinny:

Rapplegt

Apr 7, 2006
Again, who cares?

If these stats were against the Big 12 then I'd be astounded by them, but again it's CCL. I'll just assume you're easily impressed and amused by a simple thing as good stats in a summer league that doesn't mean jack.

Serious question CyDude. Do you attend the CCL games? Same question would be helpful if addressed by all who comment on the players' performance. I'm out of state and can't attend. Those who do have more cred with me, since they have actually seem the games. Stats are very interesting to me. If a player puts up big, reletively speaking, numbers consistently against all opponents, that does show something about their skill level. One game, less so. In the end, the Big12 will be a whole different level, but it is summer and we can use a real dose of optomism.
Thanx to all who share their observations for those of us who can't be there.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
CyDude told me the stats are irrelevant, so why doesn't someone tell our team they wasted their time playing in this stupid little games? We obviously shouldn't get excited that we have players who are capable of doing good things here. I personally find it a little funny that someone who only cares about Big12 play would waste their time posting on a message board during the offseason.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The stats are a reflection of having carte blanche to play free and easy as opposed to being "coached".

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think the point is that it would be a little worrisome if these guys weren't putting up big numbers in the CCL. But fortunately they are. And it's not just 2-3, you have White, Allen, Ejim, Scotty, Babb, Booker, Clyburn, Lucious and McGee all posting pretty huge numbers.

I'm not ready to buy my final 4 tickets yet, but we have a lot of options this year on the offensive end of the court.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I think the point is that it would be a little worrisome if these guys weren't putting up big numbers in the CCL. But fortunately they are. And it's not just 2-3, you have White, Allen, Ejim, Scotty, Babb, Booker, Clyburn, Lucious and McGee all posting pretty huge numbers.

I'm not ready to buy my final 4 tickets yet, but we have a lot of options this year on the offensive end of the court.

I think you can get a good feel for a person's skill level by their play in CCL. Not necessarily the statistics; I'm talking about seeing them play on a number of video clips which are on YouTube. They all look as they were advertised with regard to their quickness, jumping ability, shooting touch, handle, and passing ability.

Most impressive to me has been White's passing ability. He shows great vision and his passes hit the players in stride and in scoring position. I can see him leaving for the NBA if we have successful season.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I think you can get a good feel for a person's skill level by their play in CCL. Not necessarily the statistics; I'm talking about seeing them play on a number of video clips which are on YouTube. They all look as they were advertised with regard to their quickness, jumping ability, shooting touch, handle, and passing ability.

Most impressive to me has been White's passing ability. He shows great vision and his passes hit the players in stride and in scoring position. I can see him leaving for the NBA if we have successful season.

I agree... when I saw Wes J play for the first time at the CCL... back when people were most excited about Corey McIntosh and Mike Taylor... because nobody knew anything about Wes other than that he was the last guy to get a scholly on the team. He was clearly the most talented guy on the floor and could jump through the roof. Had a solid outside shot.

No... CCL stats don't mean everything... but I completely agree that you can get a good feel for how good some of these guys are from watching them here. Nothing wrong with getting excited about guys on your team. That's why we're fans. We enjoy getting excited about our team and want to see them do well.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I agree... when I saw Wes J play for the first time at the CCL... back when people were most excited about Corey McIntosh and Mike Taylor... because nobody knew anything about Wes other than that he was the last guy to get a scholly on the team. He was clearly the most talented guy on the floor and could jump through the roof. Had a solid outside shot.

No... CCL stats don't mean everything... but I completely agree that you can get a good feel for how good some of these guys are from watching them here. Nothing wrong with getting excited about guys on your team. That's why we're fans. We enjoy getting excited about our team and want to see them do well.

Well said. I agree completely.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Except the fact it's CCL, so it's really irrelevant to look at stats.

Except you can still compare a player to the other players since they are all playing the same pick up ball.
No one's numbers, overall, even come close to Royce's.
What you can tell by the CCL is that Royce is the best player in the league.

Help Support Us

Become a patron