Wrong headline - buffalo - human encounter

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
It was a woman from Iowa, makes sense.
Sidenote: I found this sweet fossilized ice age bisin tooth on my latest kayak trip.
I actually found one once when I was a teen. Sent it in to be tested and found out it was a 200 year old bison tooth. And like the responsible teen that I was....I promptly lost it. That was a very long time ago and I'm STILL kicking myself in the ass on that one.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Before my first backpacking trip out west a friend told me if I get charged by a grizzly to go up a tree since they can’t climb trees. Never got too close to a grizzly, but upon returning home, I had several emails from him telling me to ignore that advice, as he’d had since seen videos of grizzlies climbing trees.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I had a run in with a grizzly last summer in Glacier while hiking. It wasn’t aggressive at all but wow... those are amazing creatures. Wish it a wasn’t so early in the hike, had to smell my undies the last 7 miles of it.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Early in this longer video, you can see a bull attempt to hump, only to get refused.

Great time to play with Bison, during the ruck!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Can’t tell for sure, but does one of the guys appear to be reaching for his weapon? And another guy appears to be trying to point out which bison is the perpetrator! Classic!

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Can’t tell for sure, but does one of the guys appear to be reaching for his weapon? And another guy appears to be trying to point out which bison is the perpetrator! Classic!

It sure looks like it... wonder what would have happened if that guy shot the bison?

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It sure looks like it... wonder what would have happened if that guy shot the bison?

I'd like to think he'd get a horn up his ass. However, this is SD and they probably would have given him some sort of medal for bravery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cy4Lifer