Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010

So there are already 4 B12-SEC non conf games scheduled. Texas-LSU, OU-Tenn, KSU-Vandy, Baylor-Old Miss.

When you take out Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and S Carolina, that leaves Texas AM, Missouri, Miss St, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas. Geographically it makes a lot more sense to partner up with the B12 between ISU, Kansas, WV, OSU, TCU, and TT than ACC schools. Plus the ACC is much more likely to go conference only than the B12 for political reasons.

ISU, TT, OSU, and TCU just lost their non- conf P5 opponent, so there is oppportunity.

Kansas- Mizzou and OSU-Arkansas makes sense. Texas AM vs a Texas school makes sense. So hello Bama, MSU, or Auburn

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Would love to see us play an away SEC game to replace Iowa. Then JP send a bill to Iowa and the Big 10 conference for the travel expense. Some people need to learn that there are consequences for breaking contracts.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
Which states have the strictest mask policy's and which have the biggest outbreaks? How about that outbreak in Nebraska that some of you all keeping whining about?

I'm 100% amazed that you keep showing up day after day to post a bunch of conspiracy ******** and every day you're proven wrong again and again but you come back with new ******** the next day. You are example A1 of why we are cancelling sports and having spiking cases and deaths while most other countries are going back to being close to normal.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
1. Time for conference realignment - straight up regional play.

2. Replace Iowa with Notre Dame - forever

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
Testing has caught up and we can now clearly see this isn't as dangerous as we thought. And certainly not as dangerous as it could have been. Good lord I don't want to imagine the reaction around these places if it had been worse.

I'd like to remind everyone that ArgentCy didn't think the CDC was a government organization because he read so on a conspiracy theory website.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
That's crazy. In Madison I can drive to a spot to get a free test with no symptoms, no scheduling and from what I've heard it's a quick turnaround for results.

In Sioux City I and everyone who ive known who wanted one got tested without question or copay. I just called my docs office and asked to be tested since some folks in our company tested positive. He shot me out to a test center within a couple of hours. I had zero symptoms and tested negative. They don’t appear to be barring it here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In Sioux City I and everyone who ive known who wanted one got tested without question or copay. I just called my docs office and asked to be tested since some folks in our company tested positive. He shot me out to a test center within a couple of hours. I had zero symptoms and tested negative. They don’t appear to be barring it here.

That's great and should be a state wide thing.

Did you go through that 'Test Iowa' thing?

If not people should just forgo it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

I didn’t. I just called up my doc office. Doc didn’t even want to see me, just asked if I had symptoms which I didn’t. But I had been around someone within 14 days that tested positive. Nurse called in to the testing center within the hour. Easy peasy. Not sure why it varies so much by City, State and whatnot. Had a couple coworkers whose doctor wanted to see them first which I thought was a bs attempt for a copay. A lot depends on the local Heath system policies and philosophies I think.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I didn’t. I just called up my doc office. Doc didn’t even want to see me, just asked if I had symptoms which I didn’t. But I had been around someone within 14 days that tested positive. Nurse called in to the testing center within the hour. Easy peasy. Not sure why it varies so much by City, State and whatnot. Had a couple coworkers whose doctor wanted to see them first which I thought was a bs attempt for a copay. A lot depends on the local Heath system policies and philosophies I think.

@Jeremy if you hadn't seen this...perhaps it's not an option.

If the Test Iowa site is that inefficient, **** them.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Testing has NOT caught up. My wife and I have both been feeling multiple symptoms and for 3 days straight we've been approved on the TestIowa.com website only to find not a single location in Iowa has any openings despite getting on right away in the morning. Sure, results might be coming back sooner, but that's if you can actually get tested.

They closed our testing site. Not enough people I guess. I have no idea how they are "out of spots" for these 3,000 / day. Unless other areas are far more prone to the virus then here. Or maybe they are just more concerned.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So there are already 4 B12-SEC non conf games scheduled. Texas-LSU, OU-Tenn, KSU-Vandy, Baylor-Old Miss.

When you take out Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and S Carolina, that leaves Texas AM, Missouri, Miss St, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas. Geographically it makes a lot more sense to partner up with the B12 between ISU, Kansas, WV, OSU, TCU, and TT than ACC schools. Plus the ACC is much more likely to go conference only than the B12 for political reasons.

ISU, TT, OSU, and TCU just lost their non- conf P5 opponent, so there is oppportunity.

Kansas- Mizzou and OSU-Arkansas makes sense. Texas AM vs a Texas school makes sense. So hello Bama, MSU, or Auburn

I guess I'll have to say it again, Bring on BAMA. Though I think Mizzou would be a better fit.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm 100% amazed that you keep showing up day after day to post a bunch of conspiracy ******** and every day you're proven wrong again and again but you come back with new ******** the next day. You are example A1 of why we are cancelling sports and having spiking cases and deaths while most other countries are going back to being close to normal.

Most countries are going back to normal because they understand statistics. I guess we just have to wait for the fear mongering to die down.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018
Most countries are going back to normal because they understand statistics. I guess we just have to wait for the fear mongering to die down.

There is no way to interact with you in a way that doesn't get stuff immediately caved and this forum would be better off if you just got banned. You and people like you are why we are ******.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Which ones?

Even Sweden hasn't been normal this whole time. Limited gatherings and what not.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

We went through everyone who wanted a test could get one for about 2 weeks after they opened everything back up on Memorial Day.

after 2 weeks they had drive through testing that was open 2 hours a day.

then 4 days later, they recommended only if you’re experiencing symptoms.

Less than a week later, it’s back to being doctor referred.

Status
Not open for further replies.