Which entrée do you order?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Would depend on what this place is known for on what I would pick. If all these options are done right then I would probably go with Prime Rib then Filet as my 2nd choice. I have seen some places serve some poor prime rib so unless I know its good at the place I am dining I will avoid it. The lamb chop option sure is tempting too but would have to pass on the mint jelly and pineapple crap.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Would depend on what this place is known for on what I would pick. If all these options are done right then I would probably go with Prime Rib then Filet as my 2nd choice. I have seen some places serve some poor prime rib so unless I know its good at the place I am dining I will avoid it. The lamb chop option sure is tempting too but would have to pass on the mint jelly and pineapple crap.
There's a very fine line between flavorful, well prepared lamb, and dry, horribly chewy, lamb.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I’ve found that a New York Strip done correctly is a damn fine piece of meat. I used to go all in on ribeyes, but have been getting strips more lately. Just less ******** to deal with (ie I’m not a huge fan of chewing dollops of fat) and very, very good.

That said…I’m going Longhorn.
Ribeye used to be my go to but since I’ve gotten older they’re a little rich so I go KC strip.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Met a supplier at a conference in Chicago. I had cut a million dollar PO to him, plus we were planning on cutting several more millions of dollars worth with him.

Lamb chops as the appetizer, bone-in ribeye for the main. Plus several Old Fashioned.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We are leaving for an All Inclusive Resort in Antigua Saturday morning - I just went through all the resort restaurant's menu's and made a list of everything I am going to eat.

I might come back at 350 lbs
So most map out what they are going to do and see, you map out your eating timeline. What do you do if they don’t have the lobster at the time you have planned?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I’m going with the 24oz porterhouse and eating half and boxing up the rest for steak and eggs in the morning.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
There's a very fine line between flavorful, well prepared lamb, and dry, horribly chewy, lamb.

I had lamb 3 ways at a Greek place out in DC and since then, I can’t stomach it anywhere else the couple times I’ve tried. That **** was phenomenal.

Reactions: Mr Janny