Which entrée do you order?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
And don't you forget it!!

We booked this trip 2 years ago while we were in St. Lucia before inflation hit LOL.
Which resort? Antigua has been on my Caribbean hit list for a while.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

St. Lucia is awesome.

Looking at Curacao in 2 years.
Curacao is fantastic.
If you want the super secluded experience, try https://baoase.com/
It's an absolute gem of a resort.

The oceanfront pool suites are amazing, and the food is incredible.

• Love
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was taken to Pappa's steakhouse last week by a recruiter. I had 3 makers & 7 before dinner, a ribeye w/ creamed spinach & au gratin potatoes, and a very nice bottle of wine ($400 type), then followed dinner with a glass of Makers 46.

Recruiter had similar meal and drinks, all in the bill after tip was over $600.

All that to say the price list you are showing is similar to Pappas and I had the ribeye.
When I was working down in Las Colinas there is a section on the beltway that has 4 Pappas restaurants. I should have bitten the bullet and tried the steak house. I knew work wouldn't reimburse me for that meal

1668626833238.png

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Damn, I didn't know Janny was rich rich, this whole time you've pretended to be one of us.
It was a "we didn't go out or on vacation for 2 years because of COVID" present.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Curacao is fantastic.
If you want the super secluded experience, try https://baoase.com/
It's an absolute gem of a resort.

The oceanfront pool suites are amazing, and the food is incredible.
Is there a lot to do off resort there? I think you posted on that resort in the past and it was an intriguing place for my wife and I.

• Love
Reactions: Angie

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Is there a lot to do off resort there? I think you posted on that resort in the past and it was an intriguing place for my wife and I.
Willemstad city center is pretty close, and it has a ton of shopping, restaurants and night life. And there are tons of the typical snorkeling and sailing excursions. We were going to do a day trip to Klein Curacao, which is this tiny little beach island nearby, but ended up not doing it. You can also do the Blue Curacao distillery tour which is supposed to be worth it. Also plenty of golf if that's your thing.
We spent a night at a different hotel closer to the center of the city and it was fine, but Baose is the kind of place you won't want to leave once you get there.

Reactions: clone4life82

Help Support Us

Become a patron