Where Will ISU End Up if the Big 12 Implodes?

Where Will ISU End Up If the Big 12 Implodes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

NBC Chicago was just referring to that same tweet about Kansas. Who knows how accurate it is, but you have to be careful when you think something corroborates something and its just referring to the same thing.

Point being who knows who is just making stuff up, or just posting flat out rumors.
Think about all the clicks these people are generating, posting something, anything is all that matters.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Right On!

FWIW, I sat through the 0-10-1 1994 season watching Iowa State lose to UNI (FCS), Western Michigan (MAC) ad Rice (SWC) in person! THAT was HARD!

As for the AAC, it's not so bad. The Champion is usually i the NY6 hunt and will be more than likely make the 12 Team Playoff when it starts.

That being said, I am on Team B1G First, Team Pac Second, but I am not going to stop being a game day fan if they end up in the AAC. Will actually give Iowa State the opportunity to open up some quality OOC scheduling.
So, for how long do we keep Matt Campbell as head coach after we get relegated. And who is the head coach that makes us the Champion of the AAC.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I hope ISU end up somehow in the PAc-12. It's the only thing that really makes any sense. I think they may be inclined to pick up some Big 12 leftovers.
Try and have an honest moment with yourself Deadeyededric...what you REALLY want is for ISU to not share any of the B1G with your precious Hawkeyes. You can't possibly believe half the $*** you're saying to justify it because most of what you've been saying doesn't make much sense. You're just butthurt about the possibility of ISU being a B1G member. Boo f****** hoo.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Honestly the Big 10 might not even give KU and ISU the time of day.
I think the Big 10 doesn't have to rush to add teams outside of a complete break away scenario, which is still possible. They can slow play it and get a feel for the biggest targets like Missouri, Clemson, NC, Virgina, ND, Boston College, Colorado, and the California schools amongst others. If none are truly interested they can always fall back on Kansas and Iowa State if they absolutely have to expand.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Honestly the Big 10 might not even give KU and ISU the time of day.

We do not know for sure, but I have to think that they would schedule a time to hear what ISU has to offer. In our case we have had multiple interactions with Big powers, so it would be common courtesy on their part. They are people of higher learning, and not Texas

Reactions: Rex O Herlihan

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
So, for how long do we keep Matt Campbell as head coach after we get relegated. And who is the head coach that makes us the Champion of the AAC.
I have no idea!

Point is, I was going to Iowa State games to watch bad teams under Jim Walden, and I will continue to go to games in the future regardless of HC or Conference.

Hang in there!
The sky is not falling.
Let's Go State!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Big 10 or bust. That’s the ISU CSTM plate on our new VW electric Bus. We might as well start 1000 threads on “ISU to Big 10” because you whiny babies aren’t helping (not that starting a 1000 threads will help but it doesn’t hurt). Could be the last ride for ISU as a relevant football team. Don’t **** us with your negativity while we’re passed out drunk.

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Roughly 60% of the country still has cable or satellite TV. Streaming is gaining more market share every year, but expanding into new TV markets is still a meaningful way to boost revenues.
Where are the new markets? The Big 10 Network is pretty much everywhere. I had it when I lived in Dallas 10 plus years ago.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Do we even keep Jamie Pollard? I really wouldn’t blame him if he decided to quit and take a different role somewhere else or retire. It would be very hard to have motivation coming to work daily after a demotion of conference and a big salary cut.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Try and have an honest moment with yourself Deadeyededric...what you REALLY want is for ISU to not share any of the B1G with your precious Hawkeyes. You can't possibly believe half the $*** you're saying to justify it because most of what you've been saying doesn't make much sense. You're just butthurt about the possibility of ISU being a B1G member. Boo f****** hoo.

@deadeyededric is just hurting right now. He will come back home. Let’s uplift and support through the bad times some of us are having right now.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If I'm Ohio State and hypothetically in the same conference as Georgia Tech I can now recruit Georgia easier. It's simple. Part of the reason Rutgers was added was to shore up New Jersey recruits for schools like Penn State. We seemed to get this when we were talking about the Big 12 expanding all the times prior to this. All I ever heard was how if we added UCF or USF we'd be able to recruit in Florida. Same principle.

Yeah. I'm sure Ohio State really struggles recruiting in the South. Acquiring talent has been a real issue for them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If 80% of OSU fans don't want ISU in the BIG 10 there's a good chance the administration probably feels the same way. You don't think boosters have sway here?

What % of Ohio State fans wanted Maryland and Rutgers?

I'm sure most big ten fans liked the idea of Penn state and neb but not Maryland and Rutgers. I know that's how my family who are big ten fans felt.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
And go look at 2021 recruits from Iowa vs NY. Iowa absolutely blows NY away. NY has two guys above an 86. Iowa has 15. The top two recruits in NY would be tied for 8th in Iowa per 247. It’s much closer in 2022 but Iowa is still better.

That's crazy. With all their population base? Guess nobody plays fb out there anymore. Shocking.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
They may indeed do just what you are saying, but doing so does not guarantee that name brand schools will be there down the road, and it also gives the impression that they are giving up the mantle of the best football conference to the SEC. May mean nothing, or it may mean a lot.

understand.. my point is giving up the mantel does not change by adding any of the remaining schools.. I love ISU but big narrative doesn't change if SEC adds tx/ou and b10 adds ISU/KU... still gave up mantle to sec. staying at 14 probably better (imo).

Reactions: CycloneEggie