Where Will ISU End Up if the Big 12 Implodes?

Where Will ISU End Up If the Big 12 Implodes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
When the 8 leftovers look around we aren’t going to find many takers. This is why I think the most likely scenario is sticking together and adding 2-4 schools that are the best out there. But I’d personally prefer the B1G by a long shot.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I think it’s not just a matter of ISU, but where the remaining Big 12 schools go. I can see Iowa State, Kansas State, and maybe KU going the same place. I think the most likely scenario is the Big 12 would add two (or more) teams. Maybe a Cincinnati and UCF

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bowlsby better be on the phone already with the AD's of other schools he could go after to add to the Big 12.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I think it’s not just a matter of ISU, but where the remaining Big 12 schools go. I can see Iowa State, Kansas State, and maybe KU going the same place. I think the most likely scenario is the Big 12 would add two (or more) teams. Maybe a Cincinnati and UCF

Cincy and Houston are top 2 IMO, but UCF/USF could be a nice combo to go to 12.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
tenor.gif

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Let’s be realistic- losing UT and OU would be the end of the Big XII. There are no teams in the most optimistic of scenarios that would even come close to replacing schools like UT and OU. Even bringing in Cincy, BYU, Houston, Memphis and some Florida schools- the conference would pale compared to what we once were. We would be a watered down conference and no longer worthy of a P5 distinctio

Our best bet would be to catch on somewhere else with one of the other remaining P5’s. This can’t be good for recruiting right now either…uncertainty of any type is never helpful. I can only imagine what OU and UT are telling kids during visits.

My trust is in Jamie Pollard- he has been good at positioning us for the next step and I know he has a plan in place.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
If all ends with the Big 12, I would want the B1G...I would hate to lose the K-State game and other games with our Big 8 brothers...I would love to play Nebraska again though and having Iowa as a conference rival, would open our non con P5 opponent variety
Add the arizona schools and Nebraska, maybe Louisville. This is all madness and speculation. I don’t see leagues getting blown up in next two years, maybe by 2025. We just won the fiesta bowl so I’m not worried about us

Reactions: deadeyededric

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
They’ll keep the Big 12 name for legal reasons and the leftover 8 will add BYU, Cincy, Houston, and Memphis. 8 game schedule with no divisions. Undefeated or 1 loss teams (depending on SOS) can still make a 12 team playoff in that league

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron