What's up with Womochil?

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
Nope. He resigned his HC position but is on PAID leave for his teaching position. He told his players/former players that he will be back in the fall and on the football staff but will not be the HC.

This just goes to show how it is difficult to know what is really going on at Jefferson because that guy talks out of both ends. Lombardi has a good gig at Washington for sure huh?

Don't get me started on Lombardi... the moderators don't have enough hours in the day to censor what I think about that dude.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012
I was wondering when you were going to show up. You seem to be pretty invested in another man's life on here.

9 posts all about this Womochil guy.

I am very invested in this beacause I am close with the program. I'm not tyring to slam the guy but what he says and what he does are two differnt things. Ask him hour by hour and the story changes. Just want ISU fans to know what they are getting.

Reactions: cyfanatic

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I am very invested in this beacause I am close with the program. I'm not tyring to slam the guy but what he says and what he does are two differnt things. Ask him hour by hour and the story changes. Just want ISU fans to know what they are getting.

A freaking volunteer coach. OMG the world is ending.

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012
I was wondering when you were going to show up. You seem to be pretty invested in another man's life on here.

9 posts all about this Womochil guy.

yes I am new to the board still feeling my way around. looking for how android kills apple thread

CyFin

Feb 2, 2012
But this isn't college... high school coaching isn't a year round job (sans Lombardi at Wash). If Womo was going to coach Jeff in the fall, why would he quit in the winter? He's not doing much coaching in February at the high school level, right?

Also, I don't think he's on paid leave. He resigned.

He is on paid leave, because of the stress he has been under. That was part of his "negotiations" and he is allowed to come back as a paid assistant next year.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
A freaking volunteer coach. OMG the world is ending.

I think the issue around the CR area is that Womochil is not telling people that he was going to "volunteer". He was telling people he was deciding between accepting a coaching position at Iowa State or Notre Dame. And he would be in charge of d-backs.

I was not told this by him as I have not talked to him but I have been told this by his players and members of this community that know him well.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I do think there is some validity to that but also it does appear that Womochil and his leadership contributed to that situation.

I'll agree to disagree. I think the overall vibe I got while I was at Jeff was that there is a very, very small percentage of student athletes that actually give a rip while there are countless coaches that would bend over backwards for these kids. The overall environment at Jeff was not a condusive one for athletic success IMO.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I find it humorous that we are making such a big deal about this. Womo is the FIRST volunteer coach that I have EVER heard anything about. I don't think there is any way that him coming to ISU as a volunteer will have any negative impact on the program so I wish we could just drop it.

The only reason he was brough up in the first place is because there was a rumor that he was going to be the DB coach. Now we know that is not the case.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'll agree to disagree. I think the overall vibe I got while I was at Jeff was that there is a very, very small percentage of student athletes that actually give a rip while there are countless coaches that would bend over backwards for these kids. The overall environment at Jeff was not a condusive one for athletic success IMO.

I understand your point of view and respect it. But at the same time to know if Womochil contributed to this we would both have had to experience what the attitude toward football was like the year before Womochil's arrival (a year in which they won the conference).

I am not an insider at Jefferson. I would say that I do know a lot of people very close to HS athletics in the Cedar Rapids area. I do take in quite a few HS football games in the area. The information/stories I have been told just don't reflect well on the guy...but hey, the same might be said about me! Who knows...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I find it humorous that we are making such a big deal about this. Womo is the FIRST volunteer coach that I have EVER heard anything about. I don't think there is any way that him coming to ISU as a volunteer will have any negative impact on the program so I wish we could just drop it.

The only reason he was brough up in the first place is because there was a rumor that he was going to be the DB coach. Now we know that is not the case.

I think the interest is more surrounding people curious about the CR football situation I guess?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron