We need a secret hand shake...or something

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
So I went down to the KU game last week. I noticed when KU fans see each other they have like this head nod and say "Rock Chalk." Now, that's just stupid. But do we have a secret hand shake or anything we should do or say when we encounter other Cyclone fans, especially far from home?

Usually, I'm drunk, and I just scream something like CCCCYYYYYYCCCCCLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEEESSSSSS! But I'm thinking something more subtle.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Option #1 - Keep doing what you're doing. Drunken yelling is adorable
Option #2 - Awkward white guy high fives that don't quite connect correctly
Option #3 - Yell "Hooray" while miming drinking a glass of cool refreshing Ames water
Option #4 - Conduct an alcohol exchange. Always be prepared.
Option #5 - Unfettered physical violence towards KU fans that do their stupid Rock Chalk greeting

• Creative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I used to have a TX Longhorn shirt that I bought just to annoy my Sooner loving father in law. TX fans would rarely say anything but would flash the Hook'em Horns sign, which was kind of cool, but not obnoxious.

Reactions: CloneBuilder

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Even not seeing a Cyclone fan insite, I've yelled CYCLONE! on the ramps at Minute Maid Park in Houston. About half of the time someone yells back POWER! Then there is just a bunch of awkward looks from people........ come to think of it, maybe we do need something

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Dilly Dilly or is that out of style now.
Speaking of "Dilly Dilly" I thought that was a positive thing. Why then is Cyclone Alley holding up giant letters spelling DILLY DILLY when an opposing player is shooting a free at the same end? Shouldn't they hold up "Pit of Misery" letters instead?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Even not seeing a Cyclone fan insite, I've yelled CYCLONE! on the ramps at Minute Maid Park in Houston. About half of the time someone yells back POWER! Then there is just a bunch of awkward looks from people........ come to think of it, maybe we do need something

Cyclone/Power was my first thought, too. Let's go with that... Maybe with a clenched fist?

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
lower.png

Just point your pointer finger downwards and spin it like a cyclone. Subtle and that way you don't have to shout anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron