We need a secret hand shake...or something

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
lower.png

Just point your pointer finger downwards and spin it like a cyclone. Subtle and that way you don't have to shout anything.

This is all I see now...
592857175_1280x720.jpg

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
lower.png

Just point your pointer finger downwards and spin it like a cyclone. Subtle and that way you don't have to shout anything.

When I was back on campus for the Iowa game last fall I tried to get the upwards version of that to catch on. I'd say spinning your hand right next to your ear is slightly less subtle.

Reactions: aauummm

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
All of the Texas schools have there hand gestures... hook 'em, gig 'em, guns up, etc.

Well, our I-State logo makes for a great hand gesture in itself...

Middle finger extended for the "I" (and "A") and the two on each side for the "ST" and "TE"...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Speaking of "Dilly Dilly" I thought that was a positive thing. Why then is Cyclone Alley holding up giant letters spelling DILLY DILLY when an opposing player is shooting a free at the same end? Shouldn't they hold up "Pit of Misery" letters instead?

This is the ultimate proof that it is lame. By the time CAC picks up on an idea, you know its time has passed.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Apprently just listen for someone ordering a Busch Light. We found out in Memphis that means you are a Cyclone.

• Funny
Reactions: ruxCYtable

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I just say "Go State" or "Go Clones" if I see someone wearing ISU gear in public. 100% of the time their ears perk up and they look around to see where they need to return the gesture

This. Do it when biking the Chain of Lakes all of the time. I count "Cyclones!" given and "Cyclones!" received.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Even not seeing a Cyclone fan insite, I've yelled CYCLONE! on the ramps at Minute Maid Park in Houston. About half of the time someone yells back POWER! Then there is just a bunch of awkward looks from people........ come to think of it, maybe we do need something

This is cool when Iowa State is playing, but not so cool when it is done just anywhere. It reminds me of the super-annoying "O-H" "I-O" call and reply that happens loudly whenever tOSU fans are around each other. Or the "Where's Waldo" perennial appearance of someone in Hokeye gear at any event. I prefer to keep it more personal when it isn't an event where Cyclone fans are supposed to be.

0.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron