WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
It would be satisfying to watch that physical battle with RH winning, instead of whining...

On another note- Louisville 's entire team plays football... Hilarious watching Vic get a taste of his own medicine. Can't wait for them to go to the SEC.
Haley VanLith potentially guarding Caitlin Clark in a regional final could be quite entertaining. Louisville was a top 10 team at the start of the season, and they played like it tonight. Jeff Walz can coach.

WBBfan15

Nov 21, 2018
With ISU out I was hoping to cheer Indiana to the Final Four... Not sure who to root for now. Iowa looks like they'll go far but I just can't bring myself to cheer for them.

Reactions: AlCyJim

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I expected Toledo to lose big but not by 47, which is apparently the largest loss ever by a MAC team in the NCAA tourney.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
With ISU out I was hoping to cheer Indiana to the Final Four... Not sure who to root for now. Iowa looks like they'll go far but I just can't bring myself to cheer for them.
I thought Indiana played tight and not to lose. They struggled down the stretch, losing to Iowa, blowing a big lead to OSU in the Big 10 tourney, and losing to Miami.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Haley VanLith potentially guarding Caitlin Clark in a regional final could be quite entertaining. Louisville was a top 10 team at the start of the season, and they played like it tonight. Jeff Walz can coach.
"The Van Sith" vs Clark will be a good one. The Sith could get under her skin she does everyone else. She radiates nasty

Reactions: cyclone13

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
"The Van Sith" vs Clark will be a good one. The Sith could get under her skin she does everyone else. She radiates nasty
That will be interesting as she also has an attitude but different than Clark. I watched her play last summer with Ashley in the 3x3 tourney.

Box score for Oklahoma in her last game in college the number one 3 point shooter went 0-3 and only had 2 points,

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I thought Indiana played tight and not to lose. They struggled down the stretch, losing to Iowa, blowing a big lead to OSU in the Big 10 tourney, and losing to Miami.
Same, UI is my second school but they did not deserve to win that game as they were outplayed in every phase. Some of the calls against Miami were ridiculous and the officiating in general was as bad as I have seen. Yarden Garzon kept them in it but Miami was just tougher and made the big plays every time Indiana came at them with the home crowd behind them.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Same, UI is my second school but they did not deserve to win that game as they were outplayed in every phase. Some of the calls against Miami were ridiculous and the officiating in general was as bad as I have seen. Yarden Garzon kept them in it but Miami was just tougher and made the big plays every time Indiana came at them with the home crowd behind them.
I have watched all or part of most of the games in the tourney and I agree with this statement. We are critical of games in the Big 12 but watching this year and seeing officials we have not had they are not any different. I have seen games where almost nothing is called unless it draws blood to games where every little touch is called.

Reactions: acoustimac

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Like the refs icing Miami on the free throw line at the end of the game to "check" the clock, that was pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Officiating basketball games is hard and a thankless job. At one stage there were 6-7 fouls in one sequence under each basket and it got progressively more out of hand. Then a jump ball was called clearly another foul but it cooled the game a little or else it was headed for trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Let's fill our roster holes with an entire other team.

Didn't St. Francis make the WBB tourney sort of consistently a few yrs back? I think I remember playing them in Hilton though I could easily be wrong.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Didn't St. Francis make the WBB tourney sort of consistently a few yrs back? I think I remember playing them in Hilton though I could easily be wrong.

There are two St. Francis schools -- one in PA and one in Brooklyn -- and they're both in the NEC. The Pennsylvania one played in Hilton.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY