WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Ohio State currently playing at Michigan State. Should the Buckeyes win, they will have sole possession of first place in the Big 10, be one game up on Iowa (and Indiana which is tied with Iowa), and hold the tie-breaker in the standings over the hoks.
Iowa has to go to Indiana, and hosts OSU in their last regular season game. The Iowa/Indiana game could decide the conference title if OSU can hold serve.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Ohio State won handily (86-71), in spite of being outscored by MSU in the 4th, 24-11. Buckeyes led 75-47 after three quarters. They are now officially one full game up on 2nd place.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

As far as postgame pressers, the visiting team usually goes first so they can get the hell out.

HOWEVER (and I don't know if this is case here), if the visiting team dinks around and takes forever in the locker room (there are a few Big 12 coaches in this boat), the home team can and will go into postgame first without waiting.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
…bad look for Coach Bluder.

For one, they lost to are very talented team that played exceptionally well in rhe final quarter.

two, t lis likely the case that even if they had “a flight to catch” that it would be a private charter and thus the plane would wait for them to take off whenever they want.

And of course, in every college basketball environment, there’s going to be noise when free throws are shot and teams practice for this as do players. What a silly complaint to complain about “music” being played during a free throw.

As noted, this is a bad look for Coach Bluder, and is clear, sour grapes after her team was out played, she was out coached and they lost a close game.

Over many years, I have always considered her to be a very professional and high class coach and let’s hope this is an isolated incident.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

For one, they lost to are very talented team that played exceptionally well down the scratch.

two, isn’t it likely the case that even if they had “a flight to catch” that it would be a private charter and thus the plane would wait for them to take off whenever they to take off?

And of course, in every college basketball environment, there’s going to be noise when free throws are shot and teams practice for this as do players. What a silly complaint to complain about “music” being played during a free throw.

As noted, this is a bad look for Coach Bluder, and is clear, sour grapes after her team was out played, she was out coached and they lost a close game.

Over many years, I have always considered her to be a very professional and high class coach and let’s hope this is an isolated incident.

Meh she FAFOd the game trying to make sure CC gets the scoring record at home. Instead with a little bit of luck it will cost them the B1G season wbb title

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
South Carolina (at home) thumped UConn. Wasn't close even with Kamilla Cardoso missing the week while playing for the Brazil national team. She'll be back with her 23-0 team now.

Seems the rest of the season is just a contest to see who will play SC in the final.

Polls come out in a few hours. #2 will get shuffled again. Everyone that makes #2 gets upset by someone this season. I am interested in where Sooners rise to. I've not championed them being much but they keeping winning conference and proving me wrong so should be jumped a bunch of spots.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And, "First Reveal" for the Top 16 seeds will be this Thursday. Guess Texas and KSU are in for now. Baylor on the bubble. Sooners maybe knocking on the door for next reveal.

Reactions: ChiClone22

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
South Carolina (at home) thumped UConn. Wasn't close even with Kamilla Cardoso missing the week while playing for the Brazil national team. She'll be back with her 23-0 team now.

Seems the rest of the season is just a contest to see who will play SC in the final.

Polls come out in a few hours. #2 will get shuffled again. Everyone that makes #2 gets upset by someone this season. I am interested in where Sooners rise to. I've not championed them being much but they keeping winning conference and proving me wrong so should be jumped a bunch of spots.
AP Voting is interesting - Colorado drops from 4th to 8th with a loss to then #17 Oregon State. NC State drops from 3rd to 6th with a loss to then #16 Virginia Tech.

Iowa loses to unranked Nebraska and drops from 2nd to 4th.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

For one, they lost to are very talented team that played exceptionally well in rhe final quarter.

two, t lis likely the case that even if they had “a flight to catch” that it would be a private charter and thus the plane would wait for them to take off whenever they want.

After watching the replay, I believe this is the "music" that Bluder is talking about. It appears that this was played on the speakers after CC missed a free throw.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
#5 Texas +2
#7 Kansas State +1
#21 Baylor -3
#23 Oklahoma +1 Got nothing for beating us on the road and being being #1 in Big 12
#24 WVU -2

Probably our five teams in the NCAA. Nobody else even getting votes.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Good point by Keith Murphy: Plum should not be considered the current record-holder -- Lynette Woodard should. She shouldn't be penalized just because the NCAA refused to sponsor women's athletics until the early 80s. Clark will pass Woodard this season (barring injury) and that is the greater accomplishment.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Good point by Keith Murphy: Plum should not be considered the current record-holder -- Lynette Woodard should. She shouldn't be penalized just because the NCAA refused to sponsor women's athletics until the early 80s. Clark will pass Woodard this season (barring injury) and that is the greater accomplishment.

And if we want to get super pedantic about it, the women's college record-holder is actually Pearl Moore.

3,884 - Moore
3,649 - Woodard
3,527 - Plum