ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
did anyone see BFs presser?

Coach didn't have a presser tonight. Unfortunately, there was no media there covering the game. I wish that wasn't the case. He was on postgame with me though and was very happy with the TEAM win. Showed a lot when Joens had to go out in the second quarter. Every player who played contributed. Good stuff.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Coach didn't have a presser tonight. Unfortunately, there was no media there covering the game. I wish that wasn't the case. He was on postgame with me though and was very happy with the TEAM win. Showed a lot when Joens had to go out in the second quarter. Every player who played contributed. Good stuff.
That's a shame actually. No media at all? Not even a beat writer or local TV reporter? Yikes! I bet Saban wishes he had no media at his post-game pressers! :) BTW, were you able to go to the Tua presser earlier in the day @ChrisMWilliams?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Lyndsey Medders used to do that here also and maybe a couple other players. I believe she said it was because the shorts were too long and they were annoying flopping around on the legs. Simple solution was to tuck them into the compression shorts. I would assume that's why other people do it as well.

Sloppy start to the game, for sure. But those 3s at the end of the 1st got them on track more. Nice that Rae picked up some scoring slack when Joens was out of the game with first half foul trouble. She's beginning to emerge as an honest scoring threat, which will be great for Scott and Joens. Hopefully defenses are slow to notice and Rae can keep knocking down open 3s. Would be negligent if I didn't mention her 8 assists and just one turnover as well. Good road win, especially over a P-5 program, no matter the quality of that team.

Box score attendance listed at 1915 (seriously). Maybe subtract the first '1' and the '9' and it would be more accurate. I think their band outnumbered the fans. Yikes.

I think we are going to begin a progression towards shorter shorts in both the men's and women's games. For one thing as all the kids who played in long shorts become parents, their kids will go full circle. Just like family cars went fro station wagons to mini-vans to SUV's and now to SUVs that are really just glorified station wagons.

As for attendannce, it seemed the only fan shots I saw were Cyclones.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
People in Alabama are just as interested in building Igloos as they are in WBB.

This was a good win. Not one of the better SEC teams. But going on the road and beating any SEC team is good. Currys had quite a few significant wins down there. The interesting game will be Sunday when TX goes to Knoxville. I want to watch that one. Not just to see if TX continues to plummet but I'm hoping that the Vols are on their way back under their new coach.

Massey ratings: ISU 28th
Alabama 73rd

Last edited:

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I think we are going to begin a progression towards shorter shorts in both the men's and women's games. For one thing as all the kids who played in long shorts become parents, their kids will go full circle. Just like family cars went fro station wagons to mini-vans to SUV's and now to SUVs that are really just glorified station wagons.

As for attendannce, it seemed the only fan shots I saw were Cyclones.

As an old timer that wore short shorts I never understood the appeal of wearing long baggy shorts to play basketball. They looked like they would slow a person down due to the weight of them alone. Glad to see shorter shorts coming back but I bet they won't get back to the length that they were in the 70s - which is probably a good thing.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
People in Alabama are just as interested in building Igloos as they are in WBB.

This was a good win. Not one of the better SEC teams. But going on the road and beating any SEC team is good. Currys had quite a few significant wins down there. The interesting game will be Sunday when TX goes to Knoxville. I want to watch that one. Not just to see if TX continues to plummet but I'm hoping that the Vols are on their way back under their new coach.

Massey ratings: ISU 28th
Alabama 73rd

Texas hasn't looked bad, better than their record lead me to expect. Vols got lucky with that uber long three at the halftime horn. We'll see who adjusts and comes out fired up for the 2nd half.