WBB: At Alabama 6:00 Thursday SEC Network

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Got 'em in men's basketball and women's basketball. Watch out football team, the Cyclones want ya to come out and play!

• Funny
Reactions: BenEClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
ISU women's basketball attendance is way ahead of the curve. As a matter of fact, most schools in most conferences do not draw well at all. FWIW, ISU was like that when I was in school too in the pre- BF days.

A few years ago when I paid more attention, I remember Alabama having incredible crowds (sellouts) for women's gymnastics!

upload_2019-12-5_20-20-11.jpeg

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
A few years ago when I paid more attention, I remember Alabama having incredible crowds (sellouts) for women's gymnastics!

View attachment 69039
They win National Championships in Gymnastics. Once upon a time they were good in Women's Basketball too, going to the Final Four in 1994 (IIRC) knocking the Hawkeyes out @ Carver-Hawkeye Arena (I was at that game!).

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Why do the girls tuck their left short leg up under their compression shorts?? Drives me nuts. My sister has no clue, and she plays.
Lyndsey Medders used to do that here also and maybe a couple other players. I believe she said it was because the shorts were too long and they were annoying flopping around on the legs. Simple solution was to tuck them into the compression shorts. I would assume that's why other people do it as well.

Sloppy start to the game, for sure. But those 3s at the end of the 1st got them on track more. Nice that Rae picked up some scoring slack when Joens was out of the game with first half foul trouble. She's beginning to emerge as an honest scoring threat, which will be great for Scott and Joens. Hopefully defenses are slow to notice and Rae can keep knocking down open 3s. Would be negligent if I didn't mention her 8 assists and just one turnover as well. Good road win, especially over a P-5 program, no matter the quality of that team.

Box score attendance listed at 1915 (seriously). Maybe subtract the first '1' and the '9' and it would be more accurate. I think their band outnumbered the fans. Yikes.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz