***WBB: 2021 Recruiting Thread***

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Very crafty around the hoop to get her shot. Very European look with the moving hooks as well. Don't know if she can shoot outside like Kristin, but should be solid piece in the middle and on the boards. Welcome to the Iowa State Way!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
She's 0-1 behind the arc in three seasons at USF, so don't expect much there.
That said, she appears to have a smooth shooting stroke. Like with everyone else on the team, I'm sure she'll get to the point where she'll take the open three if she's uncovered. That will also help open up drives to the basket, which she looks to be pretty good at for her size.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Updated scholarship chart.

(I've also updated it assuming Kristin and Rae aren't coming back, even without an official announcement.)

I think Coach Steyer’s twitter on May 5 mentioned that Kristin not coming back.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Hope I'm not too late for the party.

Bem-vinda a ISU Senhorita Jordão.

I like this move by ISU. Now we have added more experience and depth to the post position and I'm sure Coach Schaben is excited to work with this group of 4 post players this summer. There's no clear front runner right now. It'll be interesting to see who emerges and takes the major starter minutes at the 5 next season or it's still shared by committee.

She appears to be good at soccer (Portugees are crazy for that sport), which is a skill that can help her footwork and on-court movement.

Last season she averaged only about 10 min/game with 2.7 pt, 3.3 rb, and 0.9 blk/game. In her freshman year, she averaged about 20 min/game with 11.2 pt, 5.7 rb and 1.9 blk/game before the injury.

She came from USF, a very strong defensive team (allowed 55.4 pt/game last season and played Baylor really tough). She has the size and experience to contribute on the defensive end.

Offensively, since USF is very guard-oriented, she was not the focal point in their system. I hope she can flourish in our system with better spacing and movement.

Here's a 2018 article about her from FIBA. She's shown the desire for improvement. I hope ISU is the right place for her to go to the next level.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Fen sees us competing with many teams with holdovers, transfers, and grad students. So yeah, get all the posts and big forwards we can. I hope Beatriz is a useable talent, which seems the case viewing her highlight reels, in the theme of some really great transfer talent of recent years.

Portugal is one country I'd like to visit. It has a very long record of peace, great food, and high standard of living. There is a football player with the same last name and I believe it is pronouced Jor-day-oh.

Reactions: CyclonesFan4ever

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
the same last name and I believe it is pronounced Jor-day-oh

You are correct. Thanks for that.

For reference purposes, here's how to correctly pronounce our new player's name.

• Informative
Reactions: Buster28

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That said, she appears to have a smooth shooting stroke. Like with everyone else on the team, I'm sure she'll get to the point where she'll take the open three if she's uncovered. That will also help open up drives to the basket, which she looks to be pretty good at for her size.

Yep Inez hit a big one a couple of yrs ago :)

Reactions: acoustimac

Help Support Us

Become a patron