WATCH: Tang, Wildcat players postgame ... Iowa State 80, K-State 76

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I said he was faith-based as were they. I suspect he would appreciate the models. You shouldn't be threaten.
Jesus Christ is God, is He not? You compared Tang to God. You'll likely burn in Hell for such blasphemy. Gonna hear a lot of "rock chalk jay hawk" down there. Sorry...

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I don't get the hate for Tang. He seems like a solid dude. It's a little weird about trying to get the students to stop cursing, but I get it.

I know "The Internet" hates people who admit they've ever seen a church, much less go into one, so I'm assuming thats the source of it.

You line all the D1 coaches up from Dirtbag to Fine Upstanding Citizen, and I think Tang is well past the mid point. He's no John Calipari that's for sure.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
At least get your facts straight. He never asked the fans to stop the F'Ku chant after that win over Ku, when he spoke from the table top. He told them no more court storms, expect to win.
Who cares if he's faith based. It's basketball not a religion. Last time we had a "faith based" coach he went something like 27-65 in the Big 12.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
@ChrisMWilliams &/or @JStanz51

Apologize because I am sure it's been asked... Who do we need to pester to get a mic for the media asking the questions? Most of the time the questions are barely audible.
-signed, old curmudgeon.

Oh, and thanks for posting!
There is one when the Iowa State guys come in but the protocol gets a little loose when the opponents come in. We sat for a couple of minutes last night with the K-State players sitting at the podium waiting for the SID to come in like he was their lawyer and we were about to start an interrogation.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
He did get a
Agreed, can't believe they didn't at least issue a bench warning or something when he was litterally at the half court line and they had to stop and ask him to move back. Was not the first time he got that far out on the court either. There are times I wish the refs would enforce that more because there are certain coaches like Bill Self that are just allowed to keep going past where they are allowed to be or step out on the court while play is going on
He did get a warning at one point for leaving the coaches area

Reactions: Acer88

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
There is one when the Iowa State guys come in but the protocol gets a little loose when the opponents come in. We sat for a couple of minutes last night with the K-State players sitting at the podium waiting for the SID to come in like he was their lawyer and we were about to start an interrogation.
Thanks, are you sure that mic is working properly? If you listen to TJ's presser, the media questions might be a bit louder, but I wouldn't call them satisfactory by any means.

Edit: I don't listen to every post game presser, but this issue seems to be common, not just to the ones last night.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Thanks, are you sure that mic is working properly? If you listen to TJ's presser, the media questions might be a bit louder, but I wouldn't call them satisfactory by any means.

Edit: I don't listen to every post game presser, but this issue seems to be common, not just to the ones last night.
I'll tell someone at Iowa State but we don't really have any control over any of that. We're not even the ones who shoot the video. We just have to use what the school gives us.

Reactions: herbicide

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'll tell someone at Iowa State but we don't really have any control over any of that. We're not even the ones who shoot the video. We just have to use what the school gives us.
Thanks again, I figured it was a university thing. If there is someone or a department to send our 'suggestions for improvements' to please let us know.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I liked the interview with Tang and clearly the guy knows how to coach and recruit to his system. No way to not be impressed with what he has done so far at KSU.

On a side note, I tend to get on Big Rob for his turnovers and shot selection, but I need to give him and the other ISU bigs a ton of credit for keeping the KSU bigs off the boards. Zero rebounds out of the KSU bigs was huge. TJ is such a great teacher. The previous coach's team was constantly killed on the boards.