Walters vs. Perrault

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
This all may be true but he has about 50,000 ways to back up his case for it each Saturday at JTS.

I don't think support and realism of the contract/financials should be confused with satisfaction though.

You can find several thousand posts on (most) Saturdays that contradict his point. Vehemently. And I think there's no mistaking that many of those 50,000 voiced their "happiness" at halftime of the Baylor game as well.

I'm just really tired of Miller's condescension to Cyclone fans.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Did KXNO seriously consider bringing him back? If so, they are simply killing themselves. I refuse to listen to the AM show (Mike and Mike is vastly superior anyway).

Did anyone catch Ken take yet another below the belt shot at ISU fans yesterday during his interview with Mark Moorehouse? That we're "Happy as clams" with Paul Rhoads and the state of our football program despite a 3-9 and 2-X record over the past two seasons? He was doing this to make a point of the unrest in hok-ville despite recent success.

I know many still have faith in CPR. I lean that way, but am much closer to undecided. But to suggest that overall the fan base is anywhere close to happy is simply ludicrous.

Chris and the crew put on a good show Thursday nights. Unfortunately it's followed up by that damn Dear Abby-esque show that follows. WTF?

I swear - KXNO does more to make me turn the channel, than keep it tuned.

Paul needs one more victory to beat the gene chisik record.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't think support and realism of the contract/financials should be confused with satisfaction though.

You can find several thousand posts on (most) Saturdays that contradict his point. Vehemently. And I think there's no mistaking that many of those 50,000 voiced their "happiness" at halftime of the Baylor game as well.

I'm not saying he is 100% right. I'm just saying that it is understandable with an essentially sold out stadium he would come to that conclusion.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I wonder if Perrault finds himself grimacing when he reads articles and season previews that mention Fred, what he's accomplished, and how he's one of the best young coaches in the country? I mean, Perrault fancies himself an informed guy, so surely he's keeping up on things. Do you think he's ever reconsidered his original stance? Or, when he reads the preseason AP poll, and sees ISU on there, does he think "Fred's only been lucky so far. Only a matter of time before that hire blows up in Pollard's face."?

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I wonder if Perrault finds himself grimacing when he reads articles and season previews that mention Fred, what he's accomplished, and how he's one of the best young coaches in the country? I mean, Perrault fancies himself an informed guy, so surely he's keeping up on things. Do you think he's ever reconsidered his original stance? Or, when he reads the preseason AP poll, and sees ISU on there, does he think "Fred's only been lucky so far. Only a matter of time before that hire blows up in Pollard's face."?

At the time of that interview 1 team in this nation would've hired Fred; now how many wouldn't trade their coach for him? Ten to fifteen-ish?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
At the time of that interview 1 team in this nation would've hired Fred; now how many wouldn't trade their coach for him? Ten to fifteen-ish?

You get to have him for the rest of his career? All but about 5. KU, UK, Zona, maybe a couple more. If people are honest they will trade someone like Izzo and Coach K for the long term. I know I'm biased, but if you look at what he's done with basically 0 elite recruits, you have to be honest and make that trade. I really feel that this program is at the point where anything less than a national championship is at least a little unfulfilled. That's where we are at, IMO. It's not an expectation but competing for one isn't a surprise.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You get to have him for the rest of his career? All but about 5. KU, UK, Zona, maybe a couple more. If people are honest they will trade someone like Izzo and Coach K for the long term. I know I'm biased, but if you look at what he's done with basically 0 elite recruits, you have to be honest and make that trade. I really feel that this program is at the point where anything less than a national championship is at least a little unfulfilled. That's where we are at, IMO. It's not an expectation but competing for one isn't a surprise.

I think you have a little Kool-aid in there. Fred hasn't gotten to the final four yet. No way Duke or State trade off K or Izzo.

theCyBooty

Sep 7, 2012
Did KXNO seriously consider bringing him back? If so, they are simply killing themselves. I refuse to listen to the AM show (Mike and Mike is vastly superior anyway).

Did anyone catch Ken take yet another below the belt shot at ISU fans yesterday during his interview with Mark Moorehouse? That we're "Happy as clams" with Paul Rhoads and the state of our football program despite a 3-9 and 2-X record over the past two seasons? He was doing this to make a point of the unrest in hok-ville despite recent success.

I know many still have faith in CPR. I lean that way, but am much closer to undecided. But to suggest that overall the fan base is anywhere close to happy is simply ludicrous.

Chris and the crew put on a good show Thursday nights. Unfortunately it's followed up by that damn Dear Abby-esque show that follows. WTF?

I swear - KXNO does more to make me turn the channel, than keep it tuned.

Completely agree, Murph and Andy is the only show worth listening to.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think you have a little Kool-aid in there. Fred hasn't gotten to the final four yet. No way Duke or State trade off K or Izzo.

What he's saying is tat with K and Izzo, you get 5-10 years left, with Fred you get 10-20. Maybe some of those fans make that trade.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Coach K is 67. I think you'd be nuts not to do that all thing political excluded. Izzo is nearing 60. Obviously neither school can or should drop their drop their coach.

theCyBooty

Sep 7, 2012
Has anyone seen anywhere where Perrault has apologized for this or admitted to being 100% wrong on this after the overwhelming success that Fred has had in first 4 years?

If so, please link.