Walking Dead

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Gooooo, Carol!

I have not been a fan of the crazy psycho that is Carol but I was drinking and chanting "Go Carol, go Carol, go Carol!"

And was also talking to the TV and saying "Jeez, kill the ***-hole in the cabin already. He's so far down the evil bunny hole that he can't be redeemed. Just kill him already."

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have not been a fan of the crazy psycho that is Carol but I was drinking and chanting "Go Carol, go Carol, go Carol!"

And was also talking to the TV and saying "Jeez, kill the ***-hole in the cabin already. He's so far down the evil bunny hole that he can't be redeemed. Just kill him already."

I wanted to smack him upside the head so that he would swallow that damn gum & quit smacking it...

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else watching Talking Dead?

They mentioned a few minutes ago that the first guy to buy it at the trough, the blonde guy, is the same guy that Rick and Carol ran into in an episode back in Season 3; they referred to him as the "hippie". He was with a hobbled woman who didn't make it out of the episode alive. I had no idea that they were one and the same.

They also said that the actor is the same guy who plays the Penguin on "Gotham".

Anyway, great episode! Hopefully it's a good omen for the whole season.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Anyone else watching Talking Dead?

They mentioned a few minutes ago that the first guy to buy it at the trough, the blonde guy, is the same guy that Rick and Carol ran into in an episode back in Season 3; they referred to him as the "hippie". He was with a hobbled woman who didn't make it out of the episode alive. I had no idea that they were one and the same.

They also said that the actor is the same guy who plays the Penguin on "Gotham".

Anyway, great episode! Hopefully it's a good omen for the whole season.

I recognized him right away. I assumed he was turned into a walker when he didn't come back to meet up with Rick and Carol.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I seemed to notice the screams from the Terminus members more during the episode when they were getting bit by the walkers. Im guessing thats intentional, they wanted us to feel a little bit bad about them dying, as they were once good people turned bad by the new horrible world and its traumatic experiences.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Maybe I'm in the minority here but was kind of disappointed. They spent eight episodes in the second half of the last season building up terminus only to blow the place up in the very first episode of the new season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Maybe I'm in the minority here but was kind of disappointed. They spent eight episodes in the second half of the last season building up terminus only to blow the place up in the very first episode of the new season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

would you have rather watched 8 episodes of the gang trapped in a railway car?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

the build up of what Terminus was is still there ... the people that controlled it and worked for it are out and about.... they are the antagonist for this season. It seems the season (if not a few more episodes) will center around what Terminus was.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Considering the creators said they wanted to get back to the source material more and Terminus wasn't in the comic, I think 1 episode is good enough. Besides, some of those Terminus characters will return somewhere along the line. Good to see the preist make an appearance. He was in the arc with the cannibals that were basically changed to Terminus.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm glad Terminus was a 1 episode deal. I'm not a fan of two months at one location.

PS - Gotham is a good show.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Season one was awesome. Season two sucked, too many soliloquies in front of a barn. Then from season 3 on a steady progression back toward awesome with last night maybe peak of series so far.

Great that there are very few spoilers now since comic story is very different, they are both good so it's like double the walking dead.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Great first episode.

Melissa McBride was amazing in this episode. Carol's badassery this episode cemented her further into Daryl Dies, We Riot Territory.

Great that there are very few spoilers now since comic story is very different, they are both good so it's like double the walking dead.

4 soon if you count the spinoff TV series and the Telltale game series.