Vikings fans...

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Can't see the vikes bringing in a WR more expensive than Diggs with a bigger ego than Diggs. Just doesn't make sense to me

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
As a life long Vikings fan who's never witnessed them in a Super Bowl, do whatever is necessary, win the damn thing, and then implode in salary cap hell if necessary. I only want to see them win one.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
I was listening to P.A. on 9-noon this morning when it broke. He reached out to someone in the know with the Vikings and the response was two words: Fake news.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not going to lie, the prospect of adding OBJ's talent is enticing, but the prospect of adding his personality and demeanor is not. I can't imagine him and Zim getting along at all.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Not going to lie, the prospect of adding OBJ's talent is enticing, but the prospect of adding his personality and demeanor is not. I can't imagine him and Zim getting along at all.

I think a bigger concern than the OBJ ego would be how he would impact the cap. They barely have enough left to sign their rookies. Seems like a non-starter.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
What is everyone's hopes for Round 1 on Thursday for the Vikings?

My dream Round 1 is a Top tackle at 22 and then trade to a late round 1 or 1st couple round 2 slot while picking up another 2nd round pick. With the late 1st, I'd love to see a CB taken.

This draft is so deep at WR. I really don't want to take a 1st rounder unless Juedy and Lamb are there at 22 or Jefferson is available at 25

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Very nice first round by the Vikes. They got the receiver they wanted and had their pick of CBs with Fulton, Diggs, Johnson, and Gladney all still on the board. Gladney's speed probably gave him the edge.

With two extra picked up tonight, maybe Trader Rick can group some picks and get the Williams trade done with the Redskins.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Very nice first round by the Vikes. They got the receiver they wanted and had their pick of CBs with Fulton, Diggs, Johnson, and Gladney all still on the board. Gladney's speed probably gave him the edge.

With two extra picked up tonight, maybe Trader Rick can group some picks and get the Williams trade done with the Redskins.
I'd be fine with Williams, but I'd be happy if they moved up a little in the 2nd and picked one of the top tackles remaining.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'd be fine with Williams, but I'd be happy if they moved up a little in the 2nd and picked one of the top tackles remaining.
They absolutely need to spend their next pick on an OT/OG. Maybe the rest of their picks on those positions. I’m joking but only kind of. The need there is so glaring.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
What could they realistically expect to get in return for their 89 and 105 picks? If they could hang on to 58 and get another 2nd round pick for giving those two up I’d be okay with that.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
I was pretty excited with the picks last night. Other than not getting O-Line help, they got 2 very solid players that should start day 1. I was hoping Jefferson would be there, but didn't think he would. I was sure Philly would snatch him up.

I was happy they didn't reach just to fill a need. Would love to see them get Williams if they can get him for 1-2 Day 3 picks - especially if they can use the picks they got in the trade from SF. Also wouldn't mind them trading up in 2nd Round to get one of the tackles left. However they do it, really need to get someone who can start week 1. If they accomplish that, this would be a very successful first 2 days!

Skol!

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was pretty excited with the picks last night. Other than not getting O-Line help, they got 2 very solid players that should start day 1. I was hoping Jefferson would be there, but didn't think he would. I was sure Philly would snatch him up.

I was happy they didn't reach just to fill a need. Would love to see them get Williams if they can get him for 1-2 Day 3 picks - especially if they can use the picks they got in the trade from SF. Also wouldn't mind them trading up in 2nd Round to get one of the tackles left. However they do it, really need to get someone who can start week 1. If they accomplish that, this would be a very successful first 2 days!

Skol!
Yeah, if they could walk out of today with a potential starter on the oline and some help for the dline, I'll be ecstatic.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018

Skol!
If we don't trade for Williams, I think the biggest need is still guard. Reiff can be serviceable, but guard position is lacking.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If we don't trade for Williams, I think the biggest need is still guard. Reiff can be serviceable, but guard position is lacking.

I'm hoping the Vikes can trade Reiff and a 6th rounder for Williams.
Take Blacklock in the 2nd, Weaver and Hall or Pride in the 3rd.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
I'm hoping the Vikes can trade Reiff and a 6th rounder for Williams.
Take Blacklock in the 2nd, Weaver and Hall or Pride in the 3rd.
I like it but don't see the Redskins taking < a 4th, or maybe even a 3rd in that.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I like it but don't see the Redskins taking < a 4th, or maybe even a 3rd in that.
I wouldn't balk at that. If you can get Williams for their last 3rd round pick, I think you do it. They'd still have 2 other picks today to address other needs, but it would immediately make the line better.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I thought Reiff was horrid last season. I’d like to see them go O line at 58, then use their next two picks to move up for O line again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron