Vikings fans...

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Guessing they trade up quite a bit. but even if not, if 4 day 3 guys make the roster, that's not too bad

Agree, I don't see Osborn, Brandel, Metellus, Stanley, or Hinton having any chance.

Was really hoping we could have traded up too, but Rick went the other direction.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Agree, I don't see Osborn, Brandel, Metellus, Stanley, or Hinton having any chance.

Was really hoping we could have traded up too, but Rick went the other direction.
Rick ODs on trading back and collecting picks. I too was surprised that he didn't trade up a few times with all those picks. He's said that due to COVID this year's UFA class will be more challenging than others, so that seems to be why he kept most of the picks. Still odd that we didn't trade up once (unless we did in rd 7 - didn't track that).

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Overall hard to not be happy with Minnesota's draft. They filled a lot of holes with some good prospects, and hopefully added some depth where they were already strong.

I'm intrigued by what they did in the 4th round. 3 defensive guys who all have a good shot at being contributors. There are bound to be some misses, because of how many picks they made, but overall they added a lot of talent on both sides of the ball

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

I read that Brandel had the highest grade for all tackles in pass protection and ranked 6th in run blocking, according to Pro Football Focus. That is what vikings.com said and I'm wondering if those are typos. If he is ranked so high then why was he a 6th round pick?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I read that Brandel had the highest grade for all tackles in pass protection and ranked 6th in run blocking, according to Pro Football Focus. That is what vikings.com said and I'm wondering if those are typos. If he is ranked so high then why was he a 6th round pick?
CBS Sports gave him the worst grade of all the Vikings’ picks at D+.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
My theory is that the Patriots aggressiveness took some potential trade partners away so the Vikings ended up taking picks- which they were fine with.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Anybody hearing anything about the possibility of signing Everson Griffin? Seems like the draft made the chances very slim, but with the lack of interest by other teams, has Spielman definitely moved on?

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anybody hearing anything about the possibility of signing Everson Griffin? Seems like the draft made the chances very slim, but with the lack of interest by other teams, has Spielman definitely moved on?

Potentially, but they picked up two edge rushers in the draft: Wonnum and
Willekes. The defensive coordinator apparently was very very high on Wonnum, and had had his eye on him for quite a while, so much so that they took him early in the 4th to make sure they got him. Hard to say there will be room for another DE, but Griffin is well liked so you never know.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Potentially, but they picked up two edge rushers in the draft: Wonnum and
Willekes. The defensive coordinator apparently was very very high on Wonnum, and had had his eye on him for quite a while, so much so that they took him early in the 4th to make sure they got him. Hard to say there will be room for another DE, but Griffin is well liked so you never know.

If they could sign Griffin to an affordable 1 year contract, that would be a great win for the Vikings. He could ensure depth and help get the rookies up to speed.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
2020 Official Schedule:

EXc6E_MXgAADige

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Didn’t realize we had such a touch opening 5 weeks.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hopefully just saber rattling to get a deal done. It's not like he'd actually be missing anything for a while anyway. Everything is online right now. Players aren't likely to report until the end of July for training camp. So, they've got some time to get this ironed out. Hope they do

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron