Up to #17 in AP

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I know they factor in what you are losing in the off-season, but it strikes me as odd that Baylor won the natty last year, is undefeated this year and isn't #1. I know these rakings don't really matter yet and I know Purdue has played a tougher schedule and has better wins, but I feel like you should need to knock the returning champ out of that spot versus having it voted away from you.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I know they factor in what you are losing in the off-season, but it strikes me as odd that Baylor won the natty last year, is undefeated this year and isn't #1. I know these rakings don't really matter yet and I know Purdue has played a tougher schedule and has better wins, but I feel like you should need to knock the returning champ out of that spot versus having it voted away from you.
I disagree. Too much turnover to go that route, imho. It also doesn't matter.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I agree, I think we should be #15, but that Memphis win looks a lot different in the past week too.

Xavier’s win over mercurial Ohio state, and ISU’s continued quality play, have them on the verge of entering back into ranking.

good Chance at least one of our big east wins looks nice as year continues

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I disagree. Too much turnover to go that route, imho. It also doesn't matter.

I’ve stopped pulling against Baylor, I tried on moral grounds but now I realize they just win no matter what.

A few times a year I’ll observe them vs ISU and hope for the best but in other games I just assume they are an unstoppable juggernaut I should ignore regardless of scandals and coaching changes.

• Creative
Reactions: mynameisjonas

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Seth Davis did not give us much credit for the road win. He did say that he will be paying close attention to the cyhawk game. Win that and I think we coast to the top 12 by the end of the non-con

Seth Davis is full of fecal matter. Why so much weight on the Iowa game? As if Iowa is the end all be all. Who have they beat with a heartbeat? Virginia? The same Virginia that just beat lowly Pitt by 1? The same Virginia team that lost at home to Navy by 8? If the guys can't hit their shots they may lose Thursday. So what? How is Iowa game more of a litmus than Xavier? They have only lost 1..........................to ISU! But nooooooooooo.............................let's wait and see before we pass judgement on ISU, sooner or later they will lose. It's BS.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Seth Davis is full of fecal matter. Why so much weight on the Iowa game? As if Iowa is the end all be all. Who have they beat with a heartbeat? Virginia? The same Virginia that just beat lowly Pitt by 1? The same Virginia team that lost at home to Navy by 8? If the guys can't hit their shots they may lose Thursday. So what? How is Iowa game more of a litmus than Xavier? They have only lost 1..........................to ISU! But nooooooooooo.............................let's wait and see before we pass judgement on ISU, sooner or later they will lose. It's BS.
Does anyone like Seth Davis? He's a tool even when he's correct.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I will not defend Seth other than to say I do find him entertaining on Twitter. Iowa’s performance against Purdue without the good Murray was impressive.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Murray will also be out for the cyhawk game so he’ll probably diminish a W anyway.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I was hoping memphis could turn it around but am worried they are just plain bad.

Jeh

Dec 16, 2013
Seth Davis did not give us much credit for the road win. He did say that he will be paying close attention to the cyhawk game. Win that and I think we coast to the top 12 by the end of the non-con

Right now, Iowa is ranked higher than Iowa State in almost every computer ranking. See: Computer Rankings Composite

I hope we beat Iowa and cause the computers to adjust themselves accordingly with the new information that provides. If we lose, people on here will start talking about "not handling our ranking" or some such nonsense, when in reality it probably means Iowa was underrated by the AP humans.

• Agree
Reactions: mjdivine and Acylum

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Murray will also be out for the cyhawk game so he’ll probably diminish a W anyway.

After the last two years I have no problem with any win. You tell me we beat Iowa without Keegan? No problem. No win over a decent team can be diminished for me.

Edit: Will he be out? Sounds like he was annoyed he didn't play vs. Purdue and it looks like they expect him back tonight.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Well the FS1 broadcast had Brockington driving to the basket for the Hawkeyes early in the broadcast.
That would really piss Margaret off. The boys playing time would be effed.

• Haha
Reactions: RezClone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We can't afford Kalcheur to disappear on the offensive end against iowa like he did against Creighton. They aren't going to go on a long drought. And they probably aren't going to turn it over like that either.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

yeah somehow #1 Purdue would be fawned over for an equal or worse home performance. Honestly that was a great road game for Iowa and a clunker for Purdue given Murray has been 1/3 of their offense. I watched a game where Murray scored their first 17 points all himself.