ULL Message Boards

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Is that what was said? The BIG12 is widely regarded as a weaker defensive conference.

This is a fact. And iirc correctly the NFL draft is proof of less top tier defensive talent coming from this league. But when Urban went on his little rant I do believe he said ISU plays defense.

Please, Cyclones fans...don't go all SECSECSEC apologizing for the Big 12s defense or lack thereof. We're a Matt Campbell, Ohio born and bred program playing in the Big 12.

EDIT: And welcome Big Buds

Reactions: kcbob79clone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don’t see Brock running much at first. I think there will be some last year UNI type vibe where they will want to keep him clean and avoid hits for the big XII.

• Agree
Reactions: cysmiley

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
There's more snaps per game as well. Our yds per play is pretty solid against a high powered offensive conference.
No doubt. That is not what I am asking. I find it hard to believe our play-by-play guy, Jay Walker, was anything short of a class act. Saying ISU is a premier BIG12 defense is not disrespectful in the least.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
I’m referring to the “backhand complement” post. I find that completely erroneous.
If I said Louisiana is one of the better teams in the Sunbelt, widely regarded as a weak conference, that's a backhanded compliment that doesn't give you guys your due.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
No doubt. That is not what I am asking. I find it hard to believe our play-by-play guy, Jay Walker, was anything short of a class act. Saying ISU is a premier BIG12 defense is not disrespectful in the least.
It wasn't Jay Walker, it was a beat writer for the team. Sorry if I confused you there.

Reactions: Big Buds

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Seems some of them are putting a lot of stock in their new "run stuffer," a transfer from Florida International who sat out last year. He wasn't even a full-time starter at Florida International. He did start 8 of the 11 games he appeared in, but he only recorded 15 tackles, one TFL and one sack. I know a nose tackle does more than just tackle ball carriers, but I think they are just enamored of his size, 6-5, 333.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
So their best win was against the "82nd" best team in Sagarin - Congrats?

I can remember a number in inexplicable turnovers that killed us last year. I think those get cleaned up this year, and we are world beaters.

45-17, good guys.

Also don't forget, last year they needed a FG in the last minute and a half and a missed FG by the opponent as time ran out to beat Louisiana-Monroe, a team we beat 72-20 last year.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
They throw the kitchen sink defense ... if managed well, and we move the ball and score. This will be a blow out (20+). Otherwise, we will need to work them over for a 10 point win.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
Not at all! It’s a compliment...last time I checked, WE WERE IN THE SBC!
Haha I must just be being overly protective of our defense, I think it's a top Big 12 defense and also one of the better defenses nationally, there's a reason Clemson came last spring to learn from our DC. Here's hoping for a fun game, just more fun for us at the end.

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
Haha I must just be being overly protective of our defense, I think it's a top Big 12 defense and also one of the better defenses nationally, there's a reason Clemson came last spring to learn from our DC. Here's hoping for a fun game, just more fun for us at the end.
Just know everyone in Cajun County respects the **** out of this ISU program. The fans on message boards will be...well fans. Don’t take their predictions as gospel...take it as gossip. May the better team win tomorrow!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Just know everyone in Cajun County respects the **** out of this ISU program. The fans on message boards will be...well fans. Don’t take their predictions as gospel...take it as gossip. May the better team win tomorrow!
Hey welcome to the board! I'd prefer a little easier team for this game as I have the slow start fears, compounded by the strange world we live in right now. I will say there's a reason that we're the deeeeeeep sleeper pick for the CFP though, and I try to be a pessimist so I'm not kicked in the nutcup too many times but it's tough this year. We all want good stuff this year right!

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Well the fact is the match up got the respect of ESPN national coverage, albeit at 11AM

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
I lived in South Florida for almost 4 years. I think Louisiana is even hotter...
The winters in Louisiana are much colder than Florida. Add in the humidity along with the ponds/waterways and it’s intense. The summers between the two states are similar. It’s hot as balls down here...that fall air will lend a pep in their steps for sure. To be fair the same could be said for ISU.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy