ULL Message Boards

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
It’s just blind optimism...and our culture. We really never had much success in Football so we don’t know how to act! Historically we field top 25 Dimond sports and are respectable in Mens Basketball, considering we are in the Deep South. So we are just used to winning in other areas. I’ve said it here already but we either win or lose tomorrow by a slim margin. I just don’t see a blowout in either direction.

It was interesting to listen to the podcast on your site where Jared talked about Iowa State, and towards the end of the podcast the three guys spent 20 minutes discussing UL and by the end of it it was like they talked themselves into how they could beat anyone in the Big 12 with this year's team.

I expect a close game, I think your coach and team sound like they are really good. It will be a battle of two really good young coaches. By the way, I think our coach is a few months younger than yours.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is such a familiar dance. Most on CF are very wary of upcoming opponent. Eventually someone posts thread about cocky posts on opposing teams message board. Everyone gets bowed up and suddenly you see a lot more blowout predictions. Bulletin board material works!

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
  • Funny
Reactions: aauummm

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Last thing...please refer to us athletically as Louisiana or UL! Thank you!
Ok will do, and this fan base understands, please tell your mates that any mention of Hawkeyes, Iowa, Hawks etc will lead to your demise, especially on National TV or radio, We are "State" or Cyclones or ISU. so inform your radio crew, otherwise they risk their seats in the press box, or wait, fans aren't present. :) :)

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Reading those message boards is a lot like reading the CF message boards for the Camping World Bowl.

A lot of us thought we were going to shock the world and beat ND. Yea........ that didn't happen.

Clones BIG tomorrow.

We played ND? I had that game blocked out.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This is such a familiar dance. Most on CF are very wary of upcoming opponent. Eventually someone posts thread about cocky posts on opposing teams message board. Everyone gets bowed up and suddenly you see a lot more blowout predictions. Bulletin board material works!
My senior year in high school, our coach came into the locker room with a piece of paper that was supposedly found in the trash from the visitors locker room. We were chewing the paint off the walls after that game day speech.

• Funny

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I figure that's true for a lot of non-Big-12 fans. Apparently 3 straight years above .500 isn't enough to get us noticed.

I don't know if it has much to do with ISU or the Big 12. I'd guess fans of any 11-3 G5 team bringing back their QB going up against a 7-6 P5 team is going to have a majority expect to win.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I don't know if it has much to do with ISU or the Big 12. I'd guess fans of any 11-3 G5 team bringing back their QB going up against a 7-6 P5 team is going to have a majority expect to win.
You'd think UL would be tempered on that since they lost to MSU last season.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
Hopefully not all Louisiana fans think the same way as the guy Stansbury talked to last night on the radio show. He gave a backhanded compliment on the defense saying it's one of the best in the Big 12, which is widely regarded as a weaker defensive conferences. This defense has shut down a lot better offenses than Louisiana, and I don't envy anyone who has to go up against Heacock and his genius. Teams usually don't figure our defense out the first time they play us.

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
Hopefully not all Louisiana fans think the same way as the guy Stansbury talked to last night on the radio show. He gave a backhanded compliment on the defense saying it's one of the best in the Big 12, which is widely regarded as a weaker defensive conferences. This defense has shut down a lot better offenses than Louisiana, and I don't envy anyone who has to go up against Heacock and his genius. Teams usually don't figure our defense out the first time they play us.
I think you are grasping at straws there buddy. Stating that ISU has one of the best defensive units in the BIG12, a P5 conference, is NOT a backhanded compliment.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
I think you are grasping at straws there buddy. Stating that ISU has one of the best defensive units in the BIG12, a P5 Conference, is NOT a backhanded compliment.
But saying that the Big 12 is widely regarded as a weaker defensive conference is... We've heard about how our defense can't be that good because we're in the Big 12 for a long time, and it's an assumption you make at your own peril.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Just my opinion...they have a good QB, we have a better one. They have good RBs, so do we. We're more experienced at WR, have way better TEs. OLs for both teams are rebuilding a little. Our defense is used to playing against high powered offenses. I would feel better if we had Lima in the middle plugging run lanes, but Enyi and Bankston should be able to get into the backfield better and disrupt things. My only worry is if Lewis is able to run around back there and make plays with his feet or if we have a bunch of turnovers. I feel like it's close in the 3rd, but ISU ends up winning by 14.
All of these things were also true about UNI last year (sorry, I have opening game PTSD)

• Funny

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
But saying that the Big 12 is widely regarded as a weaker defensive conference is... We've heard about how our defense can't be that good because we're in the Big 12 for a long time, and it's an assumption you make at your own peril.
Is that what was said? The BIG12 is widely regarded as a weaker defensive conference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron