Tyrese Hunter PG '21 - Committed!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The only thing impressive about dunk highlights is the player's ability to get into the lane IMO. 90% of D1 recruits can throw it down.

I want to see SKILLS on a player's highlight reel. That's why after watching Niang's high school highlight reel you could tell the kid could play. His video was nothing but a showcase of skills, skills, skills.

Damn you'd complain about 72 and sunny.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
The only thing impressive about dunk highlights is the player's ability to get into the lane IMO. 90% of D1 recruits can throw it down.

I want to see SKILLS on a player's highlight reel. That's why after watching Niang's high school highlight reel you could tell the kid could play. His video was nothing but a showcase of skills, skills, skills.
And his tenacity. And his ability to dribble in traffic. And his speed/quickness. I don't usually pump up recruits but I think this kid is going to be really good. I think he will be a borderline 5 star if he improves some on his shot.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I was curious what stats look like for a top 10 PG, here's 2019:

1. Nico Mannion: 14ppg, 5.3apg, 2.6to, 1.2spg, 32.7%3pt
2. Tre Mann: 5.3ppg, .7apg, 1.1to, .6spg, 27.5%3pt
3. LaMelo Ball: PRO
4. DJ Carton: 10.4ppg, 3.0apg, .7spg, 40.0%3pt
5. De'Vion Harmon: 7.4ppg, 2.0apg, 1.3to, 1.1spg, 34.3%3pt
6. Nah'shon Hyland: 9.0ppg, 1.8apg, 1.2to, .8spg, 43.4%3pt
7. Dajuan Harris: RS at KU
8. Sahvir Wheeler: 9.0ppg, 4.5apg, 2.9to, .8spg, 32.0%3pt
9. Jalen Cone: 8.0ppg, .7apg, .9to, .2spg, 45.7%3pt
10. Tyrell Terry: 14.6ppg, 3.2apg, 2.6to, 1.4spg, 40.8%3pt

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
those highlights really make me think eric bledsoe.
Maybe not completely fair and not insinuating that's the skill level he's on, but reminds me of the total downhill blitz that Ja Morant has, all gas no brakes.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

This might be the most "old man yells at the sky" post of all time.

They are highlight videos of 9 seconds and 7 seconds. Chill out.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

If all you got out of the highlights is that he can dunk, I recommend new glasses. He has a great handle and moves to the hoop
Damn you'd complain about 72 and sunny.

Agree. Must have watched the highlights while asleep. The ball handling skills are readily apparent. Looks like he can get to any spot on the floor he wants. These highlights also show good court awareness with good passing ability, as well as his quickness on defense.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Aclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So much can obviously change in the next 12+ months, but looking at the roster in 2021-2022...

We lose Coleman-Lands and Young, and I hope both have a great senior season. Or do we? I know there are rumors out there of eligibility being frozen for a year, so who the heck knows what might happen.

We would have a senior class of...

Harris
Bolton
Johnson
Hinson (and assuming he plays next year here)
Conditt IV

Tre Jackson III would be a junior, and the incoming four freshmen are now more seasoned sophomores.

+ Hunter and two more spots to go... the roster is set to "crest" that season, I would think.

Just throwing out...

Hunter
Bolton
Johnson
Hinson
Foster

...looks and sounds nice.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
So much can obviously change in the next 12+ months, but looking at the roster in 2021-2022...

We lose Coleman-Lands and Young, and I hope both have a great senior season. Or do we? I know there are rumors out there of eligibility being frozen for a year, so who the heck knows what might happen.

We would have a senior class of...

Harris
Bolton
Johnson
Hinson (and assuming he plays next year here)
Conditt IV

Tre Jackson III would be a junior, and the incoming four freshmen are now more seasoned sophomores.

+ Hunter and two more spots to go... the roster is set to "crest" that season, I would think.

Just throwing out...

Hunter
Bolton
Johnson
Hinson
Foster

...looks and sounds nice.
It sure does.

The more I see of him, less convinced I am that he'll be in Ames very long. Bittersweet.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The hype is real. Wow!

Hunter, the newest commit to Iowa State, made a massive move up the Rivals150. While he must show that he can consistently knock down shots from 15-feet and out, Hunter may be the fastest member of the 2021 class. He has speed for days and envisioning him in Steve Prohm’s free-flowing offense only enhances the four-star guard’s value now and down the road. Hunter is a tough and competitive lead guard that should form quite the dynamic backcourt with Tyler Harris, Rasir Bolton and Jaden Walker. If the proper shooters surround him, his production will skyrocket. The Cyclones have themselves a tremendous asset along the perimeter and proof was cemented further with his now inclusion in the top-50 of the Rivals150.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I hope having this pedigree of PG recruit is an inducement for some shooters and wings to want to play with him.
We know Tyrese is recruiting Hopkins for ISU.

Just checked the update and ISU is on a number of those shooters and wings. I think Prohm has that in mind.
Hunter Sallis #5
Bryce Hopkins #30
Jordan Nesbitt #46
Alex Fudge #47
Deebo Coleman #55
Tucker DeVeries #101
Johnathan Lawson #105

We also shouldn't forget the wings Dubar, Blackwell already in the fold.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
We know Tyrese is recruiting Hopkins for ISU.

Just checked the update and ISU is on a number of those shooters and wings. I think Prohm has that in mind.
Hunter Sallis #5
Bryce Hopkins #30
Jordan Nesbitt #46
Alex Fudge #47
Deebo Coleman #55
Tucker DeVeries #101
Johnathan Lawson #105

We also shouldn't forget the wings Dubar, Blackwell already in the fold.

cant remember where I saw it but weren’t we recruiting Chet holmgren (#3) also?