Tyrese Hunter PG '21 - Committed!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Prohm and Campbell still can't recruit Iowa kids.

...god I hope this wasn't needed, but :jimlad:

Welcome to Ames, Tyrese! Freakin' stoked to have you donning the Cardinal & Gold.
Pretty much get who we want out of WI these days

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
How do I feel about this commitment?
200.gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm thrilled about this kid. I do think we will really need Jaden Walker to pan out though, because we need some height in the back court with Harris, Jackson and Hunter being 6'1" or smaller.

That height is completely fine.

I was dogging Prohm like it was my job this spring, but let's be honest - ever since he reeled in the transfers he has it's been sunny days for MBB. Great job by him.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Perhaps the best part of watching Hunter play defense is the fact that he seems to show genuine pride on that side of the floor. For so many young players looking to rise up recruiting rankings these days it’s the offensive side of the ball where they want to expend their energy but for Hunter his quest for attention starts by dominating the defensive side of the ball.

I cannot articulate how badly we have missed a guy like this for some time now -- somebody who takes pride in his defense and hopefully will get in somebody's face if they are not showing comparable effort or study behind them on D.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Welcome aboard!!!

You won’t regret it. I wish I could have stayed at ISU my whole life.... easily the best times of my life.
One of the saddest days of my life. I visited the Registrar's office and heard a most foul and dispiriting statements ever,........"congratulations Jeff, you will graduate at the end of this quarter!" :eek: :(o_O

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
We don't know who's going to pan out, nor the position any of these guys are going to play. We also don't know if this kid is done growing. For instance, Monte came to Iowa State at a generous 6'1", but was 6'3" by the time he left. Also, 6'1" is a fine height for PG's, especially when you can play above the rim. This guy has some very nice bounce. Lindell Wigginton type bounce. He'll be just fine.

Will be awesome if true. I believe Wigginton had the 2nd best standing vertical at a Nike camp at 29.5", but not sure what his step vertical was. If Hunter is anywhere near that it will be truly impressive.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm not down on Hunter by any means. I just think going 5'9", 6'1", 6'1" in your backcourt will be a little troublesome. We've been spoiled by big, good-rebounding guards in the past few years with NWB and Tyrese.

With that said, I'm also glad to see what a little quicker, better penetrating look at PG will do.
Thank gawd Tamin Lipsey is already listed at 6’2”!! ;)

I think Tyrese is an excellent catch. Exactly what I was hoping for to finish out the ‘20 class. I hope this year’s team can compensate.

Welcome aboard, Tyrese II!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I cannot articulate how badly we have missed a guy like this for some time now -- somebody who takes pride in his defense and hopefully will get in somebody's face if they are not showing comparable effort or study behind them on D.
Dustin Hogue and Chris Babb. Miss them both so much.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I know it's a longshot, but if we somehow land Hunter Sallis then this would be the most talented backcourt we've ever had from a recruiting standpoint. I wonder if landing Hunter might help us with Sallis's recruitment. It certainly can't hurt.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10
Jul 25, 2016
I know it's a longshot, but if we somehow land Hunter Sallis then this would be the most talented backcourt we've ever had from a recruiting standpoint. I wonder if landing Hunter might help us with Sallis's recruitment. It certainly can't hurt.

How are Tyrese and Sallis connected?

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Anybody know if we are in a good spot with Sallis?