True Detective: Season 2

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
First trailer for new season. Going to be tough to follow up the tremendous first season.

[video=youtube;3e99gX6UNN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e99gX6UNN0[/video]

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Rachel McAdams man. I know she's not that knockout type of hot but there's just something about her.

Also, I bet this is pretty good. Can't wait.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm really curious about the setting, etc. I don't know if there's any way the acting can compare to last season.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Sounds like it could have potential. Farrell should be good in his role, he can play guys like that. Vaughn will be the key. He could crush the role like MM did as Rust in Season one or flop miserably.

A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California. Colin Farrell is Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective in the all-industrial City of Vinci, LA County. Vince Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his life’s work, while his wife and closest ally (Kelly Reilly), struggles with his choices and her own. Rachel McAdams is Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective often at odds with the system she serves, while Taylor Kitsch plays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers a crime scene which triggers an investigation involving three law enforcement groups, multiple criminal collusions, and billions of dollars.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Just have to ask, why Vince Vaughn. Ugh.... Looks good but it will be hard to top the bizzarro world of season one.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Excited for this and I'm pretty confident it will be really good in it's own way. Having said that, I'll be shocked if it comes close to the first season. The acting will obviously be tough to beat but another big reason is the setting and plot. That whole backwoods devil worshiping storyline was so damn creepy and sucked me in big time.

I was really surprised by how intense the last episode was when Rust was tracking the killer. Not very often I get nervous watching something like that especially when it takes place in broad daylight. Just an amazing show. Best to not think of the first season at all while watching the second because it won't be a fair comparison.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
When does this kick off? Watched season 1 on DVD and may buy the HBO package for this. And GOT I suppose.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I was really surprised by how intense the last episode was when Rust was tracking the killer. Not very often I get nervous watching something like that especially when it takes place in broad daylight. Just an amazing show. Best to not think of the first season at all while watching the second because it won't be a fair comparison.

Or how about the scene in the housing project when Rust goes undercover with the bikers to rob the bangers? Talk about intense.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
When does this kick off? Watched season 1 on DVD and may buy the HBO package for this. And GOT I suppose.

Do yourself a favor and throw in Silicon Valley.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Don't watch this as I don't have HBO, but this I guess is a series where the cast is always changing? Looks like no one from first season is in this upcoming one.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Don't watch this as I don't have HBO, but this I guess is a series where the cast is always changing? Looks like no one from first season is in this upcoming one.

Yup, like they are miniseries. The First season is phemonimal. I will let you borrow it sometime.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
That's the best scene of TV I've ever seen. Just incredible.

Yeah that sequence is proof that the TD crew is at the top of the TV mountain and everybody else is playing for 2nd. They somehow make you feel like you're right there in it. I distinctly remember feeling relieved when "we" got out alive!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron