Troy Davis

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Someone on here once claimed that Troy Davis was allowed by the professor to cheat off of him during tests. The guy was pretty ****** about it, and my take was who gives a ****?....ISU has sucked at football forever, just take one for the team already and let us football fan peasants have a little joy in a national accomplishment by one of our own for once in our lifetime.

This particular poster was highly offended with my stance. It's not like Troy was going to use that passing grade against him to eventually beat him out for some career down the road. Troy was going to play some pro football right after college, not go into the work force. Maybe I'm being completely and totally short sided, but my "not give a ****" meter was totally broken in that instance.

end of cool story bro....

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The good ole days of the "TD-o-meter"

There was a group in the upper deck that kept a running total of Troy's yards at every game.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Even though our record wasn't so good, I think ISU led the nation in beating the spread in TD's 2000 yard years.

D

Deleted member 6804

I never have seen a running back hit would be tacklers as hard as Troy Davis. He was a punishing runner and I remember seeing replays showing the opposing player reacting to being hit by TD.

The jobbing he took for the Heisman deal is one of the worst I have seen in sports.The Heisman going to the best player in college football is akin to saying Joe Namath was a choir boy.

Does anyone know where TD currently lives and what he does?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
TD prob won't make it this year as there are too many big name southern players in this years pool. the way offenses are today and how much fball has changed I doubt any RB ever breaks Troy record of back to back 2000 yard seasons. Heck nobody has gotten a 2000 yd rusher since 2007.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I took my official visit to ISU during that Mizzou game. Was down on the field standing close to him while he was getting interviewed after the game.

I also got to meet his mom that day. Talked to her for quite awhile. As a 17 year old farm kid from Iowa it was a very eye opening experience to listen to her about what life is like in other places. IIRC the trip to Ames was one of her first trips ever out of the state of Florida. She said it took 9 hours to drive out of it from Miami and she never could afford to fly out.

Troy was a great RB that had amazing vision. It was fun to watch him. He also had some pretty good OL in front of him. The two I remember the most are Tim Kohn and Pat Augafa. Spent a lot of time with those guys during some visits and camps. Augafa was the definition of a road grader at center.

He deserves to be in the HOF however I'm not sure he ever will be and that is a shame.

OmahaClone2

Sep 26, 2012
I am from the same home town as Matt Straight who was a safety on those TD teams. He stated that Troy was the hardest worker he had ever seen as he practiced as hard as he played. No one liked tackling him in practice as he usually delivered the hit instead of the defender.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I remember one defender describing trying to tackle TD as like trying to tackle a cube. You'd hit him and he would shift sideways a little and keep motoring down the field.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I had a family member work for ISU who could get sideline passes quite often, pry watch 10 or so games from the sideline during TD's career. I always came away impressed with his lower body strength, his legs where like tree trunks, guys just bounced off of him. We didn't win many of those games but he was always fun to watch. Def a throwback kind of player. I didn't envy the guys who had to try to tackle him literally 35 times every game.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Had a few classes with the guy. He would stand out before class and sign autographs. Never saw him turn one down.

Last edited:

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Had a few classes with the guy. He would stand out before class and sing autographs. Never saw him turn one down.
He could sing and his name would magically appear on paper?!?!? How the hell is he not already in the CFB HOF???