Transfer Portal Tracker

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Lost another LB that wasn't getting much time. Honestly, the type of departures you'd rather see. @CoachHines3 does anyone have a count on our scholarship count prior to the end of the regular season. Were we at 85?
im not smart enough to keep track of that

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I know we've been following the outbound transfers and where they go, but honestly are ANY of the bigger names doing better at their new schools? Especially the ones that transferred to another P5.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Cash grab? If OSU matches does he stay?
Day was coach-speaking how everything has to evaluated when you lose 1 game (laughable I know). He praised the qb but it wasn’t an endorsement. My guess is their qb room is stacked and he’s got someone else who can be better lined up in the portal or already on the roster.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Day was coach-speaking how everything has to evaluated when you lose 1 game (laughable I know). He praised the qb but it wasn’t an endorsement. My guess is their qb room is stacked and he’s got someone else who can be better lined up in the portal or already on the roster.
247 article says another big name QB is expected to jump into the portal today in addition to McCord. I don’t have a subscription to see who, but I’m keeping a close eye on Manning.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah, if you're the OSU quarterback and your name isn't common knowledge by the end of the year, they are probably thinking they can do better.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Similar to DJ U, these decent QBs might have the system figured out. Go play somewhere out of HS, take a free transfer to play immediately somewhere else, then go to school #3 as a Grad Transfer.
Can't blame them, especially the ones who aren't a sure-fire draft pick (Gabriel).

Go get a million or two and play another year in college.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Can't blame them, especially the ones who aren't a sure-fire draft pick (Gabriel).

Go get a million or two and play another year in college.
Can’t fault a guy for getting max value. I’m a purist, so it’s unfortunate that it’s become a mercenary situation. But don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Some high NIL money for some less than elite dudes. Shoot it happens in the NFL too. Teams get desperate and they reach. Thinking of guys Mitch Trubisky, Josh Rosen, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson, etc.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Can’t fault a guy for getting max value. I’m a purist, so it’s unfortunate that it’s become a mercenary situation. But don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Some high NIL money for some less than elite dudes. Shoot it happens in the NFL too. Teams get desperate and they reach. Thinking of guys Mitch Trubisky, Josh Rosen, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson, etc.
Yup- instead of declaring early you'll see a bunch of guys come back for another year, or 2 because they can make a good amount of money/develop still.

Even in basketball, too.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz and MugNight