Transfer Portal Tracker

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
None of the money received can be tied to on field performance or even being on the team.

It's his to keep, and it's possible they'll have to keep paying him if the contract calls for it.

That's no longer true, the NCAA lost that in court as well. NCAA can't prevent athletes from signing deals even if they are pay to play.

Right now, there is literally no enforceable rule regarding NIL. It'll be up to the business owners to cover their own asses with contract language stipulating that if you're not on the team, you don't get paid.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Seriously?!?….. I’m not sure how I feel about this, but if CMC sees a fit…. I guess it’s a go. Plus it’ll surely piss off the Sukeyes and kkkirk
Maybe he's received so much hate mail from Hox he wants to come to us out of spite.

I say bring him in. He's a great player.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I think this is more of him trying to get back at Iowa fans for giving him hell than him really coming to ISU. Regardless, it is hilarious seeing the twitterhoks squirm on Twitter.

Iowa fans not making up their mind on if we have a poor NIL fund or major bagmen in Denny Albaugh and Harry Stine continues to be hilarious.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Any money he got from iowa he has to pay it back, right? There has to be a contract?
I am sure there is a contract, but whether any payment is or is not refundable/returnable totally depends on the language in the contract.

Not a lawyer but have dealt with many contracts over the years. Payments can be based on anything (time, performance of certain duties, events happening, et al). And any of those could be refundable or not. And since this is two private parties, and 99.9999% sure there is a confidentiality clause, no one will ever really know. Maybe if they sued him to get the money back, that would get disclosed as part of proceedings, idk.

Just enjoy the schadenfreude.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
There it is! The ol’ Iowa Hawkeye “we didn’t want him anyways” that the school always does to save face in lost recruiting battles.

“which hammers home the idea that no one is granted special treatment, whether it’s a white or black player.”

Help Support Us

Become a patron