Transfer Portal Tracker

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Ohio State went crazy in the transfer portal this year.

Elite QB prospect Julian Sayin (Alabama)
Elite Safety Caleb Downs (Alabama)
Great RB Quinshon Judkins (Ole Miss)
Great IOL Seth McLaughlin (Alabama)
Fart Noise QB Will Howard (K-State)

Maybe Ryan Day was going to be out after next year without a national title either way. But you go and do that much high profile poaching in the transfer portal at OSU (who already has top three talent), and the expectations have to be national championship or burn it all down.

Reactions: exCYtable

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018
Why what is going on with him? Last I saw they were trying to add more money to his contract
I was just being cheeky.. no idea

But being the AD that hired him is now fired it wouldn't surprise me if whatever new AD wanted to have the decision of who to hire

Reactions: Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I was just being cheeky.. no idea

But being the AD that hired him is now fired it wouldn't surprise me if whatever new AD wanted to have the decision of who to hire
It's very strange they allowed the outgoing AD to make the hire to be honest. Then again he probably made a hire that made a large donor mad or the president wanted a different guy so they fired him.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
He's definitely right. Doesn't fit the Alabama falling apart narrative, but DeBoer has quietly done a pretty excellent job from a recruiting standpoint thus far. He's largely retained the entire recruiting class Saban was bringing in, particularly if he can get Ryan Williams to re-commit which is trending that way. Losing Sayin was a blow, but he brought his guy Austin Mack with him from Washington to cover that. The only other loss out of that class was Jameer Grimsley who already had 3 higher ranked CBs ahead of him in the same class.

Now you can't discredit losing the guys they did to the portal. Bond, Downs, Proctor, Niblack, Amos are all big time players, but he seems to have stopped the bleeding after that handful and added a few other UW guys. Likely will be really active in portal further too.

It really helped him that the timing of Saban's retirement was 1) after signing day and 2) so close to the 2nd semester starting that it made it very difficult for players to transfer right away.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Maybe Ryan Day was going to be out after next year without a national title either way. But you go and do that much high profile poaching in the transfer portal at OSU (who already has top three talent), and the expectations have to be national championship or burn it all down.
They have to be favorites at this point. I'd feel like putting money on them if I knew Will Howard wasn't going to be their starting QB.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
It really helped him that the timing of Saban's retirement was 1) after signing day and 2) so close to the 2nd semester starting that it made it very difficult for players to transfer right away.
I believe the timing of his retirement, for reasons you stated above, was on purpose and you won't change my mind. Honestly surprised he didn't wait just a bit longer.

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
WTH!!! I saw he committed to San Jose State. How is this possible???
It's getting beyond stupid - following the transfers in r/CFB - starting to recognize names - entering/committing/de-committing/withdrawing - over & over again - it's free agency every winter/spring + graduation + coach leaving - & let's not give the coaches a free pass either

1706135297039.png

Reactions: cyclone1209

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Jalen Travis committed to the good guys via IG.
LFG!!!!!

IMO this is the Clanton affect. He has been good at developing guys and getting them into the NFL. Watching film on Travis, it seems like he has already established himself as a good OL, but under Clantons tutelage, for a year and a half/two years, could become VERY good.

Hot Take-JT will be the first OL Clanton has at ISU drafted in the first round

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Hopefully the I.Q. Of the OL makes them not go in motion or hold…. Oh wait, Simmons is gone. Never mind,

Frak

Apr 27, 2009
I read that he has one year left. I'm hoping it's 2.... He looks pretty athletic for a guy of his size. The o-line could be decent:

LT Travis or Neal
LG Hufford
C Bonifas or Barnett
RG Black
RT Miller
Neal and Bonifas were by far the two weakest spots on the OL. At the very least, they upped the competition. I would love to see Travis put Neal on the bench. He was not very good this year.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Neal and Bonifas were by far the two weakest spots on the OL. At the very least, they upped the competition. I would love to see Travis put Neal on the bench. He was not very good this year.
This is an unfair statement. This was only Neals 4th or 5th year of organized football. dude didnt play a down of football until his junior year. and he made tremendous improvement this year. Yes, he was less than great, but, leaps and bounds better than he was in the UNI game

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron