Time to Dominate

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
First step on the way to 17-1 in conference!:jimlad: But really after what ISU did in Lawrence there is no reason why ISU can't push KU for the conference title it kills me no one is talking about that. ISU took hands down the best team in the Big 12 to the wire and should have beat them in their house where no one wins. Most people were talking about KU going 18-0 in conference and ISU just went toe to toe with them at their place.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
First step on the way to 17-1 in conference!:jimlad: But really after what ISU did in Lawrence there is no reason why ISU can't push KU for the conference title it kills me no one is talking about that. ISU took hands down the best team in the Big 12 to the wire and should have beat them in their house where no one wins. Most people were talking about KU going 18-0 in conference and ISU just went toe to toe with them at their place.

And it's not like we caught KU on a cold night. They came to play, and their star player was on fire. And it still took a last second prayer to take it to OT.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

And likely provided other Big 12 teams with a blueprint on how to beat them. If they can get upset a few times on the road, we might be right in this fight (provided Wednesday wasn't a fluke and we bring a similar passion and fire to every game here on out).

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Texas is 0-3 on the road and 3-5 in their last 8 games. We REALLY need this win.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
And likely provided other Big 12 teams with a blueprint on how to beat them. If they can get upset a few times on the road, we might be right in this fight (provided Wednesday wasn't a fluke and we bring a similar passion and fire to every game here on out).

Difference is not everyone has 5 people on the court that can hit a three if needed and a big man that can shootto draw Whithey away from the box. Having so many shooters opens up driving lanes, and without whithey in there, it works for us.

My point is ISU had a great gameplan to beat them. But not many teams have personnel like us, or a big man that can draw Whitey away from the hoop. So it is not some magical blueprint that other teams can use to try to beat KU.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I personally think Rick Barnes is on the hot seat this year. This is a team that we should beat at home and a team that an NCAA Tourney qualifier will beat.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Difference is not everyone has 5 people on the court that can hit a three if needed and a big man that can shootto draw Whithey away from the box. Having so many shooters opens up driving lanes, and without whithey in there, it works for us.

My point is ISU had a great gameplan to beat them. But not many teams have personnel like us, or a big man that can draw Whitey away from the hoop. So it is not some magical blueprint that other teams can use to try to beat KU.

No, not magical. It's not going to work for everyone. But if it works for a third of the league, it helps. We also showed everyone that they're beatable.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Gotta find that killer instinct. Just like last year. Keep laying it on and never let up!

Edit: this was my 2,000th post

HZjFX.gif

Last edited: